Thread: Kitty folks ...

Kitty folks ...

Any vitamin or supplement questions you'd like me to ask the vet for you? That's the theme for tomorrow's radio show, and I know some of you don't visit "General" often!
    I've Been Frosted

Sure, is it good to give kitties B12 and Lysine? Thank you Karen!

Amy

You're welcome! Any others? I can take questions up until about 2 on Thursday, we start recording the show at 3!
    I've Been Frosted

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    "Tripsy" was recommended to us for kidney health.
    http://nhvnaturalpetproducts.com/pro...kidney-disease

Ingredients: Stone Root – Acts as a tonic for the capillaries and prevents the formation of kidney calculi.

Echinacea Purpurea – Contains strong immune-stimulating properties.

Gravel Root – Restores and cleanses the genitourinary (reproductive and urinary) organs.

Hydrangea – A pain reliever that increases the flow of urine and eliminates swelling and fluid retention.

Marshmallow – An anti-inflammatory that controls bacterial infections and soothes and softens irritated tissues.

Oregon Grape – Helps relieve indigestion and malabsorption. Also has antibiotic and immunostimulatory properties.

Parsley Piert – Recognized for its ability to aid digestion in pets.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

So what is your question, kuhio?

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    "Tripsy" was recommended to us for kidney health.
    http://nhvnaturalpetproducts.com/pro...kidney-disease

Ingredients: Stone Root – Acts as a tonic for the capillaries and prevents the formation of kidney calculi.

Echinacea Purpurea – Contains strong immune-stimulating properties.

Gravel Root – Restores and cleanses the genitourinary (reproductive and urinary) organs.

Hydrangea – A pain reliever that increases the flow of urine and eliminates swelling and fluid retention.

Marshmallow – An anti-inflammatory that controls bacterial infections and soothes and softens irritated tissues.

Oregon Grape – Helps relieve indigestion and malabsorption. Also has antibiotic and immunostimulatory properties.

Parsley Piert – Recognized for its ability to aid digestion in pets.
    I've Been Frosted

I asked my vet about giving Fister B-vitamins, and he said they wouldn't do it, since it could be dangerous.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Scrappy Two has the sniffles and is hard to catch so our Vet can see her. Whhat would be good to help her from wheezing?
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Is any form of cranberries helpful for a kitty that has urinary tract problems occasionally?
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    Is any form of cranberries helpful for a kitty that has urinary tract problems occasionally?
    Whew, just got that one in before we start recording! If e have time I will ask that!
    I've Been Frosted

I have a question. I give Isis lysine gel twice a day for a herpes in her right eye. I also give my 15 year old cat Maya the same stuff for chronic kitty allergies. could you please ask the vet if this is worth doing??

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    I have a question. I give Isis lysine gel twice a day for a herpes in her right eye. I also give my 15 year old cat Maya the same stuff for chronic kitty allergies. could you please ask the vet if this is worth doing??
    The vets said Yes, worth doing it for Isis, and no, it is not doing any good for Maya, so you can stop giving it to her!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I asked my vet about giving Fister B-vitamins, and he said they wouldn't do it, since it could be dangerous.
    Randi, the vets said today that your vets are absolutely wrong, there is not only no danger in giving B-vitams to cats, it actually can do them good!

Folks, I will email you the show segments when I get them, I promise! Katladyd, I am sorry, I didn't get a chance to ask about cranberry for kitty UTI! I will ask next time!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by 3Catcondo View Post
    Sure, is it good to give kitties B12 and Lysine? Thank you Karen!

Amy
    Absolutely, it can do no harm, and indeed do plenty of good for them!
    I've Been Frosted

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    So what is your question, kuhio?
    Karen ~ Sorry I didn't see this until too late. I would be interested in the audio files if/when they are available. Thank you.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I'll send them along, I promise!
    I've Been Frosted