Thread: Introduction

Introduction

I finally got around to a formal introduction. I am a regular visitor of this site since 2 years and registered user since a coupleof months.
    My user name mbsmum comes from my 2 RB furrboys. Mr.Mishkin (tabby) was 18 years old when I lost him to kidney cancer.Bagheera was 15 years old, he had epithielial cancer in the mouth. I lost both of them within 6 months.

Last september I got 2 furrgirls from a local cat shelter. Ms.Kaveri ( ca 5yrs.) is a heavy weight calico with a big I really mean big spay pouch. Ms. Shiela (4yrs.)is petite black with a much smaller spay pouch.Both of them are neither lap nor very cuddlers. I have to accept them as they are and spoil them rotten.
    I live in Zürich in Switzerland, it is the biggest city in this country with a population of about 350'000. I live in the city with a small garden for the cats. I took early retirement in the beginning of this year, I worked as a biologist in a pharmaceutical company in Basle. Main main hobby is historical dancing ( 14th to 19th century). I attend regular classes and also have period costumes.
    This is very lovely website and I love reading pettalk ( i got lot of useful information)If there is anything else you would like to know, please just ask.

"Behind every successful man there is a woman, behind every successful woman there is a cat"

Welcome, mbsmum! We are looking forward to getting to know you and Ms.Kaveri and MsShiela.

I'm Pat, and I have 5 cats. I've been coming to Pet Talk since 2006. There are many wonderful delightful people and cats and other critters here, and I love it!

Pat,
    Poppy,
    Elmer,
    Bob,
    Sparkler, and
    Princess Poppaea Sabina Eugenia
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Welcome to PT mbsmum. This is a wonderful pet forum and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here. I noticed that you saw my thread about my cats and I'm glad that you enjoyed looking at their pictures. I do have 10 cats now and I adopted 5 of them last year. Yes, I'm crazy but I wanted to help out a rescue group with their adoptions so I did. My cats bring me a lot of joy and laughter every day. I look forward to reading more about your cats and hopefully seeing their pictures too.

Welcome from a newbie!