Thread: Problem with my HP Inkjet Printer

Problem with my HP Inkjet Printer

I am having trouble with my HP Inkjet printer. I know it is old, but still works nicely, for the most part. Sometimes when I print documents (usually PDF's) they come out with goofy symbols and letters and you cannot read them at all. You can view it and it looks fine, print it and it is Greek! I have downloaded new version of PDF software, new print drivers to no avail. I finally bought software to convert those PDF files to Word documents to hide the problem.... Since it is such an old printer, I think that the next time I run out of ink, I will order and new printer. They are so cheap and sometimes the ink is just about the same price.

I am also thinking of switching from HP. I have heard so many bad things about their newer products. Maybe Brother?

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you!

SAS and her campers

We have a brother Laser printer that just keeps going, and going, and going.

IN addition, we have a Brother Laser printer/scanner/copier in the union office at work that has had the same type of performance. I wouldn't hesitate to buy either one again.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I've had an HP Photosmart (print/scan/copy) for about 3 years and never had a problem with it. Of course I don't use it a tremendous amount either. My son had the same one - he bought them at the same time - and he had to replace it in less than a couple of years. He bought an HP Deskjet, and so far, no problems with it at all. They are so inexpensive anymore, that I personally can't see buying a high end one for as little as I use one. I've seen a set of cartridges that cost almost what an inexpensive printer does.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Greek

Does anyone have any idea why it is printing in Greek? I think I will do a Google search for HP problems. Wish me luck!

Going to try this!

Routing by Rumor
    Skip to content

Home
    Why “Routing by Rumor”? / Contact Us

← New Balance Athletic Shoes – Made In USA? Yeah, Right!
    Unilever Is Shrinking It’s Products. Don’t Be Fooled. →
    December 30, 2007 · .
    ↓ Jump to Comments
    My Adobe Acrobat PDF Files Are Printing Garbage Text (Sometimes)

This issue when printing some PDF documents from within Adobe Reader has been one of the most vexing computer problems I’ve experienced in a while. I think I might have just figured out how to solve it, so I’m posting a description of the problem, as well as what I believe is a solution (or at least a work-around).

Some PDF documents I try to print from within Adobe Reader will have all of their text print as garbage (“greeked” text). From the Google searches I’ve done, it seems that others have reported that this problem is not always reproducible, and that no single type of printer seems to be involved. In my experience, it is reproducible. The common thread seems to be (from what I’ve read) that all users having this problem are running Windows XP with Service Pack 2 installed.

The problematic PDFs will look just fine when you view them on your computer, but when they print, only the graphics will print correctly. All of the printed text looks like it’s just random characters of “gobbledygook”. Upon closer inspection, you can see that the characters are all off by one position in the alphabet (actually, off by one ASCII character, since symbols and numbers are also off by one). ie: “A” prints as “B”, “”e” prints as “f”, and a zero prints as “1″. Even when I select “print preview” in the print options for my Hewlett-Packard printer, the documents show garbage text in the on-screen print preview window!.

I am running Windows XP SP2, and have updated Adobe Reader to version 8.1.1, which is the current version. I use Windows Update to keep XP up to date with patches. I’ll say that I first noticed this problem with some PDFs about a year ago, but I can’t tell you what version of Adobe Reader I first noticed it with. I’m not even sure this is an Adobe Reader issue. It might be a Windows or a printer driver issue also. The latest problems occured when printing a PDF that was being viewed with Adobe Reader within my Firefox v 2.0.0.11 browser, but it has occured in earlier versions of Firefox, and I believe in Internet Explorer as well.

I’ve experienced this problem when printing to an HP PSC1210 all-in-one inkjet printer, and an HP Photosmart 7260 inkjet printer.

Today, after reprinting the same PDF several times, and getting garbage out each time, I clicked “print”, and started looking around in the print window that opens for my HP 7260 printer. When I print PDFs, I get an “Advanced” button in the bottom left corner of the print window that I can click on. There are a bunch of “greyed-out” postscript options in this window, but there is also a check box that says “Print as image”. I decided to check this box and click “OK”, which closes the advanced printing options window, then I clicked “OK” to send the PDF to the printer. I think doing this causes the entire document to be sent to the printer as “raster graphics”, rather than as PCL containing a mix of graphics and ASCII text.

Voila! The PDF printed correctly. I’m not certain that checking the “Print as image” option was the reason, but it’s worth trying if you are having this problem, and you have this option in your print setup.

If this solution works for you, please post the details as a comment to this article.
    About these ads

63 Comments

Filed under Acrobat Reader, Adobe, Adobe Acrobat, Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft, PDF files, Personal, Personal Tidbits, Routing by Rumor, Technology, Windows XP

Tagged as Adobe, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader, ASCII, Computers, Computing, Firefox, Gobbledygook, Google, Hewlett-Packard, HP, HP Photosmart 7260, HP PSC1210, Internet Explorer, Microsoft, Mozilla, PCL, PDFs, PDFs Printing With Garbage Text, Printing Problems, Raster Graphics, Windows XP, XP SP2
    63 Responses to My Adobe Acrobat PDF Files Are Printing Garbage Text (Sometimes)

João Pedro Tomás
    July 16, 2011 at .

Thank you very much, guys! I searched google for this annoying problem and found the solution here. Muchos gracias. All the best!

- Albufeira, Portugal
    Sean Swanson
    June 29, 2011 at .

Worked great. Thanks!

- Omaha, Nebraska
    Nasser Bahrampouri
    May 27, 2011 at .

Thank you it works now. I have been having this problem for a while and none of the IT folks here knew what was going on. I was not getting anywhere changing from one printer to better ones. Someone was kind enough to show me this page.

- Cambridge, Massachusetts
    Michael Habinsky
    May 21, 2011 at .

I had a customer who had this issue come up when multi-page documents were printed quickly in succession.
    The issue ended up being resolved by downloading and installing a postscript printer driver for that printer from HP.

- Aurora, Colorado
    Trevor Riddle
    April 17, 2011 at .

There is another way to do it:

When you click print, go to the preferences for Adobe PDF. Below, there is a check box that says “rely on system fonts only”. Uncheck the box and click apply. This will tend to fix the problem the fastest.

- Flagstaff, Arizona
    Mark Mullins
    June 16, 2011 at .

I found that with my HP 2300L, I could Ctrl+P, click Properties, and set the Printer Features option for Send True Type as Bitmap to “enabled” rather than “disabled” and that solved my problem of weird occasional spacing in the printout when the PDF looked okay.

Mark

- Port Angeles, Washington
    Terri Kate Bates
    June 17, 2011 at .

I would like to use the method using ‘rely on system fonts’ etc..described a couple of times above. But I can’t find/work out where/how to do this. When clicking on print, I don’t see any ‘preferences’ tab anywhere. Can you give more detail? thanks, Kate

P.S. – Where do I find the ‘preferences’? cheers, Kate ([email protected])

- Maleny, Queensland, Australia
    Cindy
    April 14, 2011 at .

Thanks – this worked a treat! I was going to buy a new printer because everytime I went to print a stack of pdf stuff – it just came out in “gobbledygook”. The advanced option and print as an image – saved me heaps – the document print outs are perfect. Can’t thank you enough.

Cheers,
    Cin

-Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Mike Pattenaude
    June 21, 2011 at .

Thanks. Fixed.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Mike

- North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Ryan
    April 7, 2011 at .

[You are a] Genius!

I was having to print every page individually for them to print correctly. This has definitely saved me some time. Thanks!

- New York City
    Eileen Casey
    April 4, 2011 at .

Many thanks!! This worked perfectly, just by checking the print image box. I have been struggling with it all afternoon and no one could help me. I needed to print the wording of a grant application from a pdf file. As a lark, I also tried it on a coupon I have been unable to access the past couple of weeks, and voila! Anyway, thanks again.
    PS The “Greek” description helped me, as that it what I thought it looked like too, and your site came up that wording at the #1 best choice. ☺

- Sandwich, Massachusetts
    Janet Rennie
    April 2, 2011 at .

Like so many others I have had this problem for a long time and I am delighted to find a solution which works. I have wasted hours checking for updates, etc . Most articles come as PDFs of course, and it has been deeply frustrating not to be able to print them off. Thank you!

- London, England, United Kingdom
    Ian McLeod
    March 16, 2011 at .

Thanks – IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
    Joao Valinho
    March 11, 2011 at .

Hi, thank you for your big help, it has really solved the problem right the way!
    Still don´t know if this is some kind of “bug” with the most recent Adobe Reader version, but I don´t care since I have this workaround now.
    All the best!

- Lisbon, Portugal
    Thabet
    February 21, 2011 at .

Thank you for the “print image” idea, but still we need to find out how and why it happened, i work in an IT department and tried everything to fix this issue, using print as image will make printing very huge for documents larger than 20 pages and needs a server’s memory to print and why this particular 1/95 PC has this problem?? i even replaced it with another one with fresh OS and still the same issue!!
    is it the user or the cabling in that particular place, or maybe a virus that comes with his documents . Tizzie Chandler comment will be my next step, guess its all about the user who prints and closes before it even starts.

- International General Insurance Company, Limited
    Amman, Jordan
    Dave
    April 8, 2011 at .

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro to print documents to PDF and am having the exact same problem (this is even printing from PDF to PDF). After checking the preferences tab I found I did not have the “Print as image” option. So, I turned off the “Rely on system fonts only; Do not use document fonts”, and it is now printing fine.

- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Terri Kate Bates
    June 17, 2011 at .

How did you turn off the “rely on system fonts only”? Can you give me a step by step instruction how/where to do this? cheers, Kate
    ([email protected])

- Maleny, Queensland, Australia
    Eleyne Sharp
    February 18, 2011 at .

I’m so glad I found your site. I had the exact same problem today and it was resolved by following your suggestions. Many thanks!

- North Kingstown, Rhode Island
    Kasun Mekhala
    February 18, 2011 at .

it worked …thanks a lot

- Sri Lanka
    Robert Buda
    February 15, 2011 at .

Thanks for sharing this information. Saved me lots of time figuring this out!

- Buda Consulting
    Princeton, New Jersey
    Karen Anne Kolling
    January 15, 2011 at .

Thank you! I have been screengrabbing and cutting and pasting with Paint to get jpgs to print. After months I noticed that character off by one thing as opposed to the gobbledygook I had assumed it was, and then found your solution.

Wow, how long has this bug existed… unfixed by Adobe ?

- North Kingstown, Rhode Island, USA
    Ryan Cunningham
    January 12, 2011 at .

Wonderful. I have been having this issue with PDF’s for Sooo long. Simple solution.

Thanks much

- Robbinsdale, Minnesota
    Bobby T
    January 12, 2011 at .

THANK YOU!

This saved me a LOT of frustration.

- United States Department of Agriculture
    Office of Operations
    Washington, DC, USA
    Ranger Services
    December 14, 2010 at .

Thank you for this. Worked perfectly.

Someone in the comments said it would take much longer to print with this method, but from what I have seen, this is negligible. A print that once took 3 seconds to begin printing now takes about 5 seconds. Not a big deal.

- Ranger Services, Ltd.
    United Kingdom
    Charlie
    December 7, 2010 at .

I finally solved the printing gibberish problem by installing a different pdf reader. No need to print as an image. Try PDF Exchange Viewer, its free and prints well. My theory is that the way Adobe PDF Reader sent the printing data to my printer is were the gibberish problem arose. I’ve now uninstalled Adobe in all my computers and haven’t looked back.

Good luck!

- Adelaide, Australia

Reply from RoutingByRumor…

The free PDF-XChange Viewer, an alternative to Adobe Reader that “Charlie” mentioned, can be found at Tracker Software’s website.

We have not used PDF-XChange, and no endorsement of the product should be implied.

aliennerd
    November 13, 2010 at .

Thanks for this, have also experienced this problem with every 5th or 6th page or so printing jibberish.

Although it’s a kludge, it works! It’s about time Adobe sorted this out.

- United Kingdom

If you, too, are old enough to remember using a 300 baud acoustic coupler and an ASR-33 teletype machine, check out AlienNerd’s WordPress blog, and read his first post from March 22, 2010.

Karen Anne Kolling
    February 17, 2011 at .

Not only am I old enough to remember 300 baud acoustic couplers (follow the link in the above comment to read about ancient technology in “aliennerd’s” blog), but I dragged an ASR-33 teletype home (picture a 1960s dressed female with high heels wrangling one of those in and out of a car) so I could work over the weekends (punching out papertape and taking it into work on Mondays.)

Not only did Karen Anne once drag home a teletype machine, but we understand that she is the person to see if you need DEC pdp-10 manuals (circa 1970) !

Karen Anne Kolling
    February 28, 2011 at .

Too late :-) All gone on ebay.

Laura Wymbs
    November 2, 2010 at .

Thanks for the solution- I too am running Windows XP Service Pack 2 with an HP Deskjet and only started experiencing problems today. With some documents if I saved the file and tried to reprint it would print correctly. But with one file this would not work so I tried your solution and while it took longer to print at least it is correct.
    Thanks for the help

- Newfoundland, New Jersey
    Joshua Wark
    July 8, 2010 at .

The only problem with this solution is it forces a bitmap to be sent to the printer which is a massive file. It typically makes your print job take about 10 times longer to print.

But it’s better than not being able to print.

- Farmers Insurance Group
    Overland Park, Kansas

Response from Routing By Rumor…

I’m afraid that you’re complaining to the wrong person. Tell Adobe Systems and/or Microsoft to fix this bug ! Then, you’ll be able to print your .PDFs faster and they will still be readable.

Karen Anne Kolling
    February 17, 2011 at .

For the one or few pages at a time I print at home, I really don’t notice a difference in speed (when using the “print as image” workaround). Plus, it works, which is more than I can say for the faster method. :-)

Michaela
    May 20, 2010 at .

Comment translated from German…

Simply ingenious! A fast and simple solution.

We printed our music association notes and were surprised that the titles and instrument designation as well as the speed were not readable, even though the .pdf file was good ! Now we can finally read everything again !

Many thanks!

- Germany

Original comment…

Einfach genial! Einfache Lösung, schnell gemacht. Wir haben mit unserem Musikverein Noten ausgedruckt und waren verwundert, dass die Titel und Instrumentenbezeichnung sowie das Tempo nicht lesbar waren, die Noten blieben aber korrekt! Jetzt können wir endlich wieder alles lesen! Vielen vielen Dank!

Michael Clark
    May 14, 2010 at .

Thanks for this, really saved me a massive headache )

- Brookwood, Surrey
    United Kingdom
    Leo Simon
    February 10, 2010 at .

I knew about this solution for quite some time, but today it did not help me! I have two printers, and old Minolta color laser Magicolor 2300DL, and an almost brand new Canon MP620. No luck with Acrobat 9.3. Then I opened the same file on a Mac with Acrobat 9 for OS X. Not a problem! What gives?

- Boston, Massachusetts
    Steve Montgomery
    February 2, 2010 at .

I’ve had this same problem for over a year now and none of our IT people could solve it. In our small office of 5 only I had the problem and we all have the same printers and their setups are identical. What really perplexed me is why a few pages would print correctly and then the “gobbledegook” would start but if I would reprint just the bad pages more often than not the rest would print correctly. Very strange but thanks for the fix! Don’t forget to check print image after Adobe updates.

- Diebold, Inc.
    Canton, Ohio
    Jaclyn Poyta
    January 31, 2010 at .

YOU ARE MY HERO!!! I have been dealing with this for a loooong time. I thought it was my printer, so I got a new one. I thought it was my computer, I tried my husbands.. Nothing seemed to work. Printing as an image WORKS!! Now I can finally print the slides for my classes without pulling my hair out!! THANK YOU!!!

- George Mason University
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Pedro Mateo
    June 17, 2010 at .

Excellent post. Thanks so much for taking the time to explain all this! God bless you!

- Ogilvy & Mather, Inc.
    New York City
    Jon Wright
    December 31, 2009 at .

How about from a new Mac? I have a client who recently purchased a new Mac notebook with the snow leapord OS and it prints just adobe pdf’s from a website in greek gibberish. I don’t have it in front of me, but will your solution work on a Mac?

thanks!

- Duluth, Minnesota

Response from Routing By Rumor…

What’s a Mac ???

…Just kidding ! We have absolutely no idea whether .pdf printing problems on a Mac are related to the problem/solution described here. It would be interesting to know whether the gibberish being printed on the Mac is also the desired text shifted by one character, as it is on a Windows computer. For instance, is “HELLO” printing as “IFMMP”, or is “a1234″ printing as “b2345″ ?

Mary Choate
    November 7, 2009 at .

I could kiss you! This has been driving me mad when trying to print out hiking maps and trail details from Appalachian Mountain Club guide online.

Thank you thank you thank you!

- Lisbon, Maine
    Tizzie Chandler
    September 25, 2009 at .

I also had this problem – occasionally – and sometimes part the way through a longer print job. When I thought back there was one thing in common … I had closed the document down before the print job finished.
    So, now I make sure I leave the document open until I have finished printing it.

- Preston, Lancashire, UK
    Carol A. Little
    September 18, 2009 at .

So glad I found this answer. I have been trying to print PDF docs from Adobe through a VPN interface to a local printer for a year and kept getting the Garbage print. I was told by my help desk that I needed a new print drive. Even that didn’t work. Had to download a copy of whatever doc. I wanted to print to my local PC to get a good print. This really solved the problem. Thanks for posting.

- Dearborn, Michigan
    Jirka Chadima
    August 14, 2009 at .

Great solution, we’ve had this problem for quite a while and everybody thought it had something to do with fonts. This is great workaround. Thank you so much!

- SAS Institute, Inc.
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Roger Greenwood
    July 7, 2009 at .

Just hit the same problem at work, our receptionist was baffled (as were we all). Many thanks for your insight and workaround. 21st century and we can’t print reliably!
    Spacing seems to be correct for the character required, not actually printed, hence it looks a bit weird. Our name was printed as SPMMB (with the MM too close) instead of ROLLA.

- Rolla, Ltd. – (view photo)
    London, England
    Sue
    March 14, 2009 at .

Thank you for posting this.

I have the same problem (using Firefox and Adobe Reader) intermittently. I think it has to do with the version of Adobe Reader the PDF was created with vs. the version you are using to print it.

Unfortunately, the Advanced Option of Print as Image gives me the same Gobbledy Gook — so I still don’t have a solution. I’ve searched Adobe Reader Support. I can’t believe this isn’t addressed there- but it doesn’t seem to be.

- Rochester, Minnesota
    Gerrit Cloete
    March 5, 2009 at .

Thanks a million. It worked like a charm.
    Our admin lady says you rock.

- Pretoria, South Africa
    Thomas Victorio
    January 23, 2009 at .

Dude (I’m assuming you’re a dude), thanks!

In my case I had to do about the same thing:
    1. File -> Print -> Properties…
    2. Go to the Advanced tab -> open the Image Options tree
    3. Change the field PostScript Pass-through from Enabled to Disabled

I took a peek at our Printer’s Help files and found that disabling the thing in step 3 essentially means letting the printer driver generate the PostScript file instead of letting the application (in this case Adobe Acrobat) do this.

Our printer is a Xerox WorkCentre Pro 232.

- Paris, France
    (IP: Wuppertal, Germany)
    Shannon Collette
    January 14, 2009 at .

Thank you so much for such a simple fix… just as an added note this fix worked with PDFXChange Viewer and a Konica Minolta copier/printer.

- Omaha, Nebraska
    Toki Tover
    January 9, 2009 at .

Finally! I have been having my friend print out my pdf’s at her work because mine would print in “greek” language! This worked for me and I am happy!

Thank you very much for explaining step by step how you did it.

Toki

- San Jose, California
    Morgan
    December 23, 2008 at .

Unfortunately printing as image did not work for me, all I get is giberish text mixed up with symbols either way.

- The Netherlands
    Samir Savla
    December 9, 2008 at .

Thanks for this article…I’ve never had this problem before but this form wouldnt print anything legible until i read your article.

- Brocade Communications Systems
    San Jose, California
    Jack
    November 29, 2008 at .

Fantastic work. I’m running Vista and thought I’d dropped a required font or so. Works beautifully now – Thanks heaps

- Queensland, Australia
    Ryan
    November 21, 2008 at .

Worked like a charm for me. I was getting some text as webdings and wingdings. Print as image solved the problem!

- Somersworth, New Hampshire
    Tonia Ricciu
    November 12, 2008 at .

I have been having a similar problem printing from Adobe 7.0… was driving me nuts! Specific documents have messed up text every time! Printing as an image worked!!! Thanks for writing the article.

- Brisbane, Australia
    Tracy
    November 3, 2008 at .

You rock! I work for a law firm and we are always having to print forms from state agencies. For some reason DCF forms always print gobbledygook and this method finally fixed it. Thank you so much for posting this!
    Nia Wagner
    October 16, 2008 at .

Thank You So Much!!! I work in an office where I use templates viewed by Adobe quite often. This has been bothering me for months! However, thanks to your pertinent information, I’ve finally found a soulution to the “Wing Ding” problem I will be sure to inform my collegues of the information that was discovered in this article! Thanks Again!!!
    Peter Seymour
    October 7, 2008 at .

I have only ever experienced this problem with Brother Laser Printers, but none the less have not been able to resolve without changing the driver for a post script one. This of course isn’t always practical!
    Mark Freedman
    October 1, 2008 at .

Thanks for the suggestion. At one time, my computer using Acrobat 7.0 was the only computer out of 5 that was able to print out a document without the garbled text. In an attempt to print a special document, I was forced to install 9.0 and then I encountered this problem. Printing as an image worked! Thanks again.
    Paul Berger
    September 26, 2008 at .

Tried Foxit instead of Adobe Reader?
    Winston Tamisin
    September 17, 2008 at .

Printing as image worked, you ROCK!
    Joe Mail
    September 8, 2008 at .

I had same problem even after installing 9.0. I was opening document from desktop and trying to print. I clicked on “print as image” and it worked.
    Andrew Rausch
    September 7, 2008 at .

I have the same problem, but only with printing out from google documents. Printing a second time fixed the problem, but one in 4 or 5 documents is messed up. Is your letter spacing also based on the actual text? For me, the new letters are spaced based on what they should have been, causing some to spread out, and some to bunch together oddly.

Response from RoutingByRumor…

We didn’t save any of the garbage that Adobe Reader was spewing to our printer, but your comment about character spacing sounds correct. We do recall that much of the text was bunched together. Perhaps it is related to the use of a proportional font, and had the correct letters printed, perhaps the spacing would have been correct. Next time we have a .PDF that prints hieroglyphics, we’ll check out the character spacing.

Yours observation is interesting, but quite honestly, considering the fact that the entire document is printing garbage, character spacing seems to be the least of Adobe’s problems !

Peter Wang
    September 2, 2008 at .

It worked for me as well … but only prints out grey scale. I have not been able to find a solution for this problem either. I have the issue of printing PDFs created on Mac on a PC.
    Randi Mail
    August 6, 2008 at .

Hi there

Thank you SO much for posting your article. After waiting on hold with Adobe tech support, I found your article. I had the same problem of garbage text printing, and printing it as an image worked. You rock.

Thanks!

Leave a Reply

credit: "StarFX100" / ihasahotdog.com
    Puts doze paws on teh mouses, and
    click heres for more dogz pickturs !
    OMG, Is me cute, or whats?

If you can speak goggie, visit
    DOZER'S BLOG

If you find something you read here helpful, infuriating, or just plain funny, please post your comments to the appropriate article !

Visit The Wordpress.com Forums

SKYPE USERS - CLICK BELOW !
    Skype Me™!
    Don't have Skype?
    Get Skype Here and call me for free.

IM USERS - CLICK BELOW !

IM Me Using GoogleTalk Gadget!

NOW YOU CAN KEEP TABS ON US !
    Click here to get e-mail notifications
    from feedburner.com whenever a new
    post is added to this blog

Feedburner
    Subscribe using Feedburner

My RSS Feed at Wordpress
    Archives
    October 2009
    June 2009
    May 2009
    February 2009
    January 2009
    December 2008
    November 2008
    October 2008
    September 2008
    August 2008
    July 2008
    June 2008
    May 2008
    April 2008
    March 2008
    February 2008
    January 2008
    December 2007
    By Category…
    Recent Posts
    Target Stores – An Identity Thief’s Best Friend ?
    The David Letterman Sextortion Scandal And Confession Has Damaged The CBS Network !
    Milking The Herd At T-Mobile
    Maine High School Student Proves That Almost Anyone Can Become A School Administrator !
    Introducing The Sichuan Tengzhong Hummer H1
    The Death Spiral At The New York Times
    Good News For Costco, Bad News For Consumers !
    Not All Half-Gallons of Ice Cream Are Shrinking !
    Circuit City Finally Bites The Dust
    Walking On Water
    Companies In Mirror Are Closer To Bankruptcy Than They Appear !
    Using Website Visitor Statistics As An Early Warning System
    Bloomberg Hits The Nail On The Head Regarding Economic Stimulus Plan
    Circuit City Stores Files For Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection
    One Foot In The Grave At Circuit City
    Top Posts
    My Adobe Acrobat PDF Files Are Printing Garbage Text (Sometimes)
    New Balance Athletic Shoes - Made In USA? Yeah, Right!
    Prestone "Quick Fill" Pre-diluted Antifreeze: 50% Ethylene Glycol, 50% Chutzpah
    What's In That Little Blue Packet? Sweet Deception !
    Good News For Costco, Bad News For Consumers !
    Not All Half-Gallons of Ice Cream Are Shrinking !
    Target Stores - An Identity Thief's Best Friend ?
    Hey Verizon... When Will FiOS Be Available In My Neighborhood?
    Are Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) A Bright Idea?
    Of Blogs And Bugs
    Top Clicks
    newbalance.custhelp.com/a…
    snopes.com/business/names…
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ver…
    news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/busin…
    press.adidas.com/DesktopD…
    routingbyrumor.files.word…
    blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/…
    businessweek.com/bwdaily/…
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ked…
    msnbc.msn.com/id/36476797…
    Recent Comments
    João Pedro Tomás on My Adobe Acrobat PDF Files Are…
    Robert Gutman on Prestone “Quick Fill…
    Sean Swanson on My Adobe Acrobat PDF Files Are…
    Mike Pattenaude on My Adobe Acrobat PDF Files Are…
    Terri Kate Bates on My Adobe Acrobat PDF Files Are…
    Blogroll
    cody bear’s friends
    Contact Me
    Life At The End Of The World
    Oikos mou
    Ripoff Report
    Routing by Rumor
    The Task at Hand
    WordPress.com
    WordPress.org
    Tags
    Barack Obama Business Cellphones China Circuit City Circuit City Stores Consumerism Consumers Deception Engineering ebay Eliot Spitzer Eliott Spitzer Elliot Spitzer Elliott Spitzer Employment Energy Prices Gasoline prices General Motors George Bush Inflation iPod Jobs Microsoft Money NASDAQ Newspapers Politics President Bush Retail Retailers Routing by Rumor RoutingbyRumor Scams Shopping Shrinking Products Technology The Economy The New York Times U.S. Economic Stimulus Plan U.S. Economy Unilever Wal-Mart Walmart War Your Money

Visitor Statistics Provided By...

Interesting Flickr Photos
    He Spins Fire Into Ice In The Dark Of Night

Palace of Westminster

PRIMAVERA !!!!!

Flor entre sombras

Stop All Way p2

Trouble Will Find Me

Vision of the night...

99/365 - 9th April 2013

Buttermere

Glorious ~ Quarta Sunset 163

More Photos

Contents of this website
    copyright (c) 2007-2009,
    RoutingByRumor

Routing by Rumor · Does anybody else feel the way we do?
    Blog at WordPress.com. · Theme: Pilcrow by Automattic.

Completely uninstall the printer and all its software (Control Panel - add/remove programs in Win XP). If you have a Windows Vista or Windows 7 computer, double click on System in Control Panel and see if it's 32 or 64 bit. It'll be in there somewhere!

If you are using the CD to reinstall, don't. Go to the website: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html Type in HP Inkjet (model number), click Search, then choose what operating system you are using - Windows XP, Windows 7 etc. From Vista onwards there were 32 bit and 64 bit systems.

Download and install. If a window pops up asking if you want HP to look for updates, click Yes.

Hope this helps.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thanks Catty 1

I will give that a go if I am not successful with the other fix. It is driving me crazy. I hope the previous article was correct. Thanks again for your input. I like the printer I have and hate to toss it because of the occasional misprint.

I knew someone would be able to help me here!

It usually also has to do with whoever created the pdf, and how they saved it. I always make sure I embed the fonts, otherwise type depends on whatever fonts the receiver has on their end, which is bound to lead to trouble!
    I've Been Frosted

I changed that one setting

Fixed. I just went to the advance button on Adobe set up and selected it to print image. Now it is fine. I will leave it at that setting.

I am so excited. I can't tell you how many pieces of paper I had to toss out. I print knitting patterns and it is very frustrating to not be able to read the printing!

Yaay!:d
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda