Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Quit Smoking - FOR GOOD!!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I have no urge to go back to tobacco. Are you still vaping, or are you completely off it? I tried quiting many times as well, this worked.

I like the tinkering aspect of vaping as well. I have some rebuildable atomizers coming, and ive customized 2 of my 3 mods and may buy a fourth.

I'm still vaping - not all that much tho. My son is really into the mega batteries and tanks, and custom/unusual flavors galore. There is a specialty shop near here that he goes to also - they carry everything imaginable and custom mix flavors. I like the rootbeer that he got - it's like sucking on a piece of rootbeer barrel candy. I've seen some weird flavors on some of the websites too - did you notice that bacon is available? I'm just not into all that my son does tho, and I stick with the menthol prefilled carts and the long manual batteries from V2. Plain and simple works for me! Just to give you an idea of how little I vape - I bought a box of 40 carts last September, and they lasted thru mid-March. I've saved a ton of $$$$, and I vape most when I'm driving, since I find driving very boring.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Pom I found a good Root Beer by Two Peas In A Pod.

Closing in on my longest time without smoking in 25 years, May 9th is that date. No tobacco since 01/09/14.

I havent saved any money switching to e-cigs, but I dont care as I am off tobacco. If I hadnt hand rolled pipe tobacco for so long I would actualy be saving money over buying packs of cigs.

I have 5 mods, several bottom coil tanks, and 3 rebuildables, so I am good on gear or kit. I can build my own coils for the RBAs and RDA, my cotton wicking is hit and miss on the RBAs but getting better. Im also looking at a better dripper and a mechanical mod, but thats after I upgrade my servers hard drives.

I am breathing better, sleeping better, drinking less, and actually loosing weight.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Good to hear, Blue! Breathing better is always a very good thing! And I bet the critters like it, too!
    I've Been Frosted

blue, I am so glad to hear you are feeling better! Great stuff!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Pom I found a good Root Beer by Two Peas In A Pod.

Closing in on my longest time without smoking in 25 years, May 9th is that date. No tobacco since 01/09/14.

I havent saved any money switching to e-cigs, but I dont care as I am off tobacco. If I hadnt hand rolled pipe tobacco for so long I would actualy be saving money over buying packs of cigs.

I have 5 mods, several bottom coil tanks, and 3 rebuildables, so I am good on gear or kit. I can build my own coils for the RBAs and RDA, my cotton wicking is hit and miss on the RBAs but getting better. Im also looking at a better dripper and a mechanical mod, but thats after I upgrade my servers hard drives.

I am breathing better, sleeping better, drinking less, and actually loosing weight.
    Glad to hear that you're still doing so well, blue. It's really pretty simple to do. If I can - then anyone can. SERIOUSLY!!!!

I was telling my son about how you jumped on the bandwagon and how you are really "into" it with all of the "over the top" supplies/equipment - just the same as he is. And no - he really hasn't saved any money either, but he's saving his health and increasing the odds of living to be a grouchy old man some day! That's what matters most. He said to tell you, that if you haven't already, that you should join an e-cig forum - lots of info and bargains and interesting things in general. He participates in ECF.

What do you think of all the government interference and proposed regulations on the e-cig. Such crap. They're jumping all over trying to make it difficult to buy, yet they can approve powdered alcoholic beverages. What's wrong with that picture????
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Glad to hear that you're still doing so well, blue. It's really pretty simple to do. If I can - then anyone can. SERIOUSLY!!!!

I was telling my son about how you jumped on the bandwagon and how you are really "into" it with all of the "over the top" supplies/equipment - just the same as he is. And no - he really hasn't saved any money either, but he's saving his health and increasing the odds of living to be a grouchy old man some day! That's what matters most. He said to tell you, that if you haven't already, that you should join an e-cig forum - lots of info and bargains and interesting things in general. He participates in ECF.

What do you think of all the government interference and proposed regulations on the e-cig. Such crap. They're jumping all over trying to make it difficult to buy, yet they can approve powdered alcoholic beverages. What's wrong with that picture????
    Im on ECF, username is akpostal. Ive learned a lot on coil building there and youtube.

I may not be saving money but I am breathing better and also have something to do with my head and my hands other then rolling my next smoke. Im wrapping new coils as I type this response.

Im looking forward to May 9th and even more so to June 9th.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.