Thread: Laura's Babies - anyone heard from her?

Laura's Babies - anyone heard from her?

Laura had her second surgery 2 or 3 weeks ago. The surgeon said it would be harder on her than the first one.

On FB I saw a one-word reply from her to a post on March 27th.

There has been no news otherwise.

Has anyone heard anything at all? This is very worrisome.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Could you e-mail her daughter (her PT "handle" is Rie Rie and her name is Marie) for an update? I wonder if Laura went to a rehabilitation center after her second surgery. I hope she is doing well! Laura or Rie, if you see this, we are thinking of you
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I emailed Rie through her PT profile. I hope we have news soon and that it's GOOD.

Just had an email from Rie:

"Mom came home last Tues. She's not having anymore pain and not taking any pain meds. Her mind is still fuzzy from the meds, at least I hope that's what caused it. I'm hoping when I take her back to the surgeon, he can give us some insight on how long this fuzziness will last.
    She's tired all the time, but hardly eats anything. My aunt and I are constantly trying to get her to eat and sometimes she will, but it's only a couple bites and that's about it. We constantly tell her she needs to eat to get her strength back."

Rie herself is very worn out - her doc referred her for some tests.

I asked Rie if her mom is on the computer. Hopefully if she is less "fuzzy" she will eat. I am glad she has no pain - but she's gotta eat!

Tell her we are all thinking of her! The anesthesia often leaves folks with very little appetite afterwards.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm glad you got some kind of reply.
    I have posted several times on her FB wall to no avail and I have been quite worried.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

i am so happy she is not in any pain, i hope she starts to eat well again soon, yes for me an anesthesia for a small operation in september left me with short term memory loss, it was bad at first ,but is getting better, so that could be adding to her confusion, i am sure as she progresses and starts to eat she will be much better, thinking of you all and get well wishes for lauries babies.

sent from across the seas.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I got a very nice message from Laura today.

She is alive, but has had an awful time of it the last couple months, and does not remember large portions of it. She had the surgery, but then had a very bad reaction to the Percocet, which no one realized for a while. Her back was in worse shape than they had thought, and so they essentially rebuilt her back and neck, and she is still waiting to see what results will be in the long run.
    I've Been Frosted

Karen, thanks for the update.

Would you please pass along our love and prayers and good wishes to her.

Thanks, from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I will do so!
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you, Karen.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Love and prayers for LauraHere is hoping she will heal fast now and feel good again after such a bad experience.
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi