Thread: Little Mama kitty had her babies. :( #11 post

Little Mama kitty had her babies. :( #11 post

Those who have been following me on FB know that a tiny cat came to me several months ago and she was heavy w/milk. I couldn't find her kittens anywhere and never saw her again until just a couple of days ago. She's pregnant again. I saw her go into my shed on the back of my property but I never use that shed and it's filled w/junk. (a project for The Boy and me when he comes home next month). It's also quite filthy in there and she's been using it as a litter box as well. I have two nice shelters set up on my patio and yet she doesn't go in them. I guess it's b/c she must feel that they aren't safe enough from predators but there's a big hole in the back of the shed which is how she got in. So a raccoon could easily go in and kill her babies. I don't even know if she belongs to someone but if she does, shame on them for allowing her to get pregnant again. She's but a kitten herself, not much older than 9 months old, I would estimate.

Does anyone know how soon after giving birth that I can have her spayed if I can hold onto her long enough, that is? I know she has to nurse her kittens but if I can't find them, I won't know how old they are and if they're weaned. I just don't want this poor girl to get pregnant yet again. If/when she comes back, I'll do my best to get a pic of her. She's very friendly, lets me hold her, etc. but she's also very skittish and wants to eat and run. She has been eating as though she hadn't had a meal in days and that's probably true but the last time she appeared she laid on her side and I thought for sure that she was in labor, which is why I went looking for her. I haven't seen her yet today and it's got me worried.

Anyhow, wish me luck in getting her spayed. After adopting Gracie and Tiger Kitty, it just isn't in the budget to take on another cat.
    Last edited by Medusa; 04-23-2013 at 06:16 PM.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Best wishes and prayers for getting little Mama kitty spayed, Mary, and God bless you and her.

Love from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

We are hoping that you can catch that Poor Momma Cat before the Kittens arrive as it is too cold for Kittens with it still being cold.

I hope that she is like My Carla Christine Patricia Paula of many names.
    Poor Little Cat
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

In these circumstances, everything I have found says you can spay a cat even if she is still nursing, and she will still produce milk for her kittens. It is a slightly more difficult surgery, so check with your vet if their office would be okay with that. Usually it is recommended to wait until kittens are weaned, but as a cat can get pregnant again a week after giving north, and you have no control over her, really, they may make an exception.
    I've Been Frosted

the best time to spay is once the kittens weaned about 4 weeks

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

We had several days of rain, one of which was exceptionally bad and Mama Kitty hasn't been seen in days. I keep checking my shed and elsewhere but she just isn't around. She was quite heavy w/kittens so I'm fearful that she might not be in a safe place. She was so hungry when she appeared last time that as I was spooning out the food, she was catching it mid-air, poor girl. I pray that she and her kittens, if she's delivered, are safe and healthy.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Prayers that she is safe and she comes home to you to have her kittens, Mary.

God bless, and love ,
    Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Prayers that mama cat is just staying close to her babies now & comes back to you for
    her next feeding.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I saw her a little while ago. She was probably looking for food and I was on my way out to fill the dishes but when she saw me, she ran, which isn't like her at all. She's super friendly and loves me. She ran so fast that I wasn't able to tell whether or not she's still pregnant.
    Blessings,
    Mary

At least you saw her! .. so she's not far away. Continuing prayers that she will come home to you and have her kittens, or if they're already born you'll find them shortly and bring them home too.

Death thought about it.

Mama Kitty had her babies

However, I have no idea where they are. I've looked everywhere. She just magically showed up as she always does, just sitting on my patio and looking in the sliding glass door. She's noticeably thinner but heavy w/milk again. I thought that I would follow her to see if she would lead me to her kittens but she outwaited me. Then as soon as I went indoors, she took off. She must belong to someone in the neighborhood who clearly does not care how often she gets pregnant. They must sell or give away the kittens b/c when she was pregnant last time, I never did see any of them. I want to have her spayed but she's nursing now. I know that, as Karen stated, she can be spayed a week after giving birth but on the chance that her kittens aren't being taken care of, I don't want to have her spayed b/c her kittens will starve. I have just GOT to break this cycle! She's too young and too tiny to keep having babies.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Oh Mary... Prayers for you and Mama Kitty and babies all..
    Death thought about it.

Best wishes and prayers for the mama kitty. Good luck