Thread: New Jersey - Pending Animal Legislation

New Jersey - Pending Animal Legislation

Hi PT friends,
    There's pending legislation here in New Jersey that deserves our attention and must pass. Here's the details on Assembly bill A347:

[/I]This bill would authorize a court upon finding a person guilty of abusing an animal or otherwise violating the State animal cruelty laws, to issue an animal protection order against the person adjudged guilty of the abuse or other violation. The animal protection order would require the person to refrain from interacting with an animal permanently or for a period of time specified by the court. The court may issue the animal protection order to apply to a specific animal with which the adjudged person has contact, or any animal as determined to be appropriate by the court. [/I]

The Primary Sponsors are Reed Gusciora, Daniel R. Benson, and Gilbert L. Wilson. Thank you, gentlemen!

There is a petition for the bill on Care2 Causes. In spite of all my efforts, I haven't been able to post the petition here on PT. But by now all of you know I just can't do this computer stuff. If any of you know how to do it, your help would be appreciated more than you'll ever know.

If you would like to support this initiative you can write to:
    Office of Legislative Services
    Office of Public Information
    Room 50
    State House Annex
    P.O. Box 068
    Trenton, NJ 08625-0068

Call toll free - 800-792-8630

I'm sorry about not being able to get the petition on here, it would be so much easier. I'm confident that you'll agree this bill MUST become law!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Catty1, I simply can't thank you enough for providing the link to this petition!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE