Thread: Dog care tips

Blog Entries

Dog care tips

If you know any good dog care tips please post them!

Are you looking for training tips, or tips regarding what? And welcome to Pet Talk, Hunter's person!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries

Hi Karen!

Oh I don't really know, I've looked over the internet for anything I hadn't heard before and I just wanted to see if any one on here had something to share. It could be grooming or training or anything really.

Training tips - figure out what you dog's most favorite thing is - food, a squeaky toy, ball - and use that as the lure/reward as well as tons of praise/ Then after a bit, you can get away with just using the praise!

And one from the radio show that I never knew! Have a dog? Live in North America? Buy the biggest cheapest bottle of Listerine when it is on sale and keep it on hand ... it is a great skunk smell remover!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    That listerine thing is pretty cool! I know that this isn't really a tip but it's a kinda cool fact: Dogs are one of few animals that grow more than one hair per follicle. There is a hair in the middle that is surrounded by a few more hairs called primary hairs. All of these hairs are coarse hairs that can be stood up, also called gaurd hairs. Then there's another set of hairs around that that are softer and cannot be stood up called secondary hairs. Wired-haired dogs have mostly primary hairs and softer dogs have more secondary hairs.
    Have a nice day!

Best most important tip ever: a tired pup is a well-behaved pup! A dog exhausted from play and teaching and learning tricks is gonna be too tired to eat your couch!
    I've Been Frosted

I second that! And keeping my two tired is a full-time job Another tip- remember that your dog does not speak your language, no matter how much you talk to him/her. He/she has no idea why you are yelling about the missing supper
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Pet care tip

I want to share a tip about pet care.Pets should be prevented from parasites.Parasites can plague pets.

Pet care in terms of health needs many areas to be covered which may span from feed analysis along with training regimes and also there regular check up with some expert veterinary pharmacist.