Thread: Coco - Doggy Boot Camp

Coco - Doggy Boot Camp

We dropped Coco off yesterday for Doggie Boot Camp (as we call it) for 14 days. The anxiety issue have sky rocketed over the top. It's taken a couple years of evaluation and trial/error figuring out what was best. Medication route wasnt working. It was time to make a big decision in getting the personal private training.

I'm so excited to see the results and be taught how to manage Coco. Our house is so quiet. Snoopy, Sadie and Gretchen are calmer too. Amazing how much they feed off Coco and I'm seeing that within 24 hrs of him going to camp.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Paws crossed this helps. I imagine being away from all of you will make the anxiety soar, poor doggie.

Do let us know the results!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Do they take kids??? I have a 16 yr old grandson here that might be able to learn something!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Paws crossed this helps. I imagine being away from all of you will make the anxiety soar, poor doggie.

!

Not nescessarly. Could be the Coco might do better as a "only" dog. Whatever happens, I hope he can be helped to have a calmer life.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

Do let us know the results!
    Actually they told us yesterday was his day to "adjust" and he had first day of training today. Got photos from their facebook page. Awesome! Coco is smiling and his eyes are normal not bugging out. He is NOT drooling up a storm. They are teaching him to relieve/manage the anxiety and not have to make decision for himself and everyone else.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Update

Coco tore up his plastic crate pan so I had to order a galvanized steel crate pan and it's being delivered Thursday to where Coco is being trained. I figured his plastic one wouldn't last and it didn't LOL

Update 17th April

Coco comes home this coming Saturday! All update photos we are getting he is doing super. I had to drop of more medication today forgot to include days they werent training. Opps. I wasnt allowed to see him it would of messed up training I can wait till Saturday

I hope they walk you through training exercises, so you can follow through and maintain his progress!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I hope they walk you through training exercises, so you can follow through and maintain his progress!
    Yes, it's in the contract that we have to spend at least 2 hrs with trainer before we go home.
    I didnt pay the BIG bucks not to have someone show me what to follow through with and maintain the big guy

AWESOME!!!!!!

Coco is doing great and we are too!!! It's very easy to follow what he was taught. It was information "overload" at first but working with his trainer and doing it we came home with confidence. The last few days have been a dream come true. He loves working with us and we with him. I cant thank his trainer enough...... We have a new and improved dog. Everyone who's seen him notices and sees the difference.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Glad to hear that things are going so well. After what I imaging was quite an expensive retraining period for Coco, then I imagine that you are thrilled.

I'm not familiar with Coco's story. Do you care to share?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Glad to hear that things are going so well. After what I imaging was quite an expensive retraining period for Coco, then I imagine that you are thrilled.
    Coco has been extremely hyper for years it's just gotten very very bad in last year to 6 months. We did NOT have the tools to reverse this behavior etc. We had some problems with him biting my hand. He was to depend on me. He ran our lives.

We found our trainer and couldnt be happier. Actually when you price it out (training plus boarding) it's not that bad. It's not cheap like PetSmart program. I'm not a fan of theirs.

Results for Coco......

They reduced Coco's mental load to help him understand his responsibilities and that he doesn't have to take one everyone else's. He has boundries, rules and the result is he is NOT ALPHA dog. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The transformation is awesome. Keeping up the training recall etc is getting easier.

Good news. It is wonderful that you found the help that Coco needed to be a happier dog.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Such good news, glad you can all be together in a happier way now!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Such good news, glad you can all be together in a happier way now!
    AMEN!!!!