Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wish me luck.....Finally some progress

Yay!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

That's great, Gayle!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    He has listed one of the 2 properties for sale. If it should sell I will be relieved of one obligation and then he should be able to finance the second property by himself and relieve me of my obligation there so perhaps sometime soon I will be free and clear of all of his encumbrances and able to finally move on.
    I'm puzzled! You're divorced - right??? If that's the situation, didn't property division have to happen before the divorce was final? Here, community property has to be divided beforehand, and then you go on your merry way and start your new life clean and clear of the other party.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I'm puzzled! You're divorced - right??? If that's the situation, didn't property division have to happen before the divorce was final? Here, community property has to be divided beforehand, and then you go on your merry way and start your new life clean and clear of the other party.
    Doesn't necessarily work that way here. Especially when dealing with a difficult person. There's many of us in a similar situation - unfortunately.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

"difficult" is the understatement of the year. Prayers this all works out, Gayle!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Doesn't necessarily work that way here. Especially when dealing with a difficult person. There's many of us in a similar situation - unfortunately.
    Holy Crap!!! If it worked that way here, I'll bet a whole lot of people would think long and hard before getting married in the first place. I know that I would.

Hoping that the situation will be looking up for you soon. {{{Hugs}}}
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Even though you're not married you have to stay entangled in real estate? Yuck! (that was the most politically correct thing I could think of)

Those are laws that need to change - big time!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Even though you're not married you have to stay entangled in real estate? Yuck! (that was the most politically correct thing I could think of)

Those are laws that need to change - big time!
    Not so much the laws as the bank's rules. The banks here don't care if you are divorced, who got what, nothing. They will hold you accountable until the other person refinances. If that person does not qualify then you're on the hook until they do.

I will NEVER share ownership of ANYTHING again during the remainder of my lifetime. The sooner this gets done the better for my health, sanity and peace of mind.
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Not so much the laws as the bank's rules. The banks here don't care if you are divorced, who got what, nothing. They will hold you accountable until the other person refinances. If that person does not qualify then you're on the hook until they do.

I will NEVER share ownership of ANYTHING again during the remainder of my lifetime. The sooner this gets done the better for my health, sanity and peace of mind.
    That sucks, but the point that Maggie and I are trying to make, is that the division of property needs to be done before the divorce is finalized, so that only ONE of the parties owns the property. It kind of defeats the purpose of the divorce, if for example, a house is still in both names, even tho you are legally divorced. It should either have to be sold outright and the proceeds divided, or one party buys out the other. The way it is now - you're divorced, but still carrying around his baggage. There is something definitely NOT RIGHT about that picture.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Further - the house is not in both names, just his. I am only tied to the lines of credit (by the bank) used to procure the properties.

Further - the house is not in both names, just his. I am only tied to the lines of credit (by the bank) used to procure the properties.
    Geeze - so if his credit sucks, then so does yours, even tho there is no longer anything legal holding you together? And even if his credit is good, but he is over-extended, then that keeps you from getting credit in your name only? Sorry - I'm not prying - just trying to understand how things work there.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

You may want to talk to a bureau of credit or something similar they can try something like this but it is possible it is not leagal or appropriate in this situation.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I have the good credit that's why the bank is holding on to me for dear life. This is also why I have to rent as he has my credit tied up so I cannot buy a home. This is why I'm so frustrated. But if the one property sells he should be able to refinance the other by himself and I will be free.

But do you think he would he use the money to refinance the other place or would he do something else with it just to keep you in the mess of a situation?

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    But do you think he would he use the money to refinance the other place or would he do something else with it just to keep you in the mess of a situation?
    I've alerted the bank to the sale listing. That should solve that issue. I hope.