Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Mlb 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Whodathunkit?

A game in this series that they actually played clean ball! (Not that I'm complaining but you have to wonder why they insist on pitching to Papi. )
    WHY DO WE KEEP PITCHING TO HIM?? I mean for crying out loud they walked Pujols in 2011 nearly every time he came up to bat... but yet we keep taking chances with him... KNOWING he hits EVERY TIME... Can't wrap my mind around it.

And I even went to the game last night since my BF won tickets in a drawing at work... what a disheartening game.

Miracles have happened though, I have faith with Wacha, but unfortunately we need TWO games to win and that seems a little unlikely......

However............. the last time the Sox clinched a WS win at home has been quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite a few years, sooooo... I still have hope!

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    WHY DO WE KEEP PITCHING TO HIM?? I mean for crying out loud they walked Pujols in 2011 nearly every time he came up to bat... but yet we keep taking chances with him... KNOWING he hits EVERY TIME... Can't wrap my mind around it.

And I even went to the game last night since my BF won tickets in a drawing at work... what a disheartening game.

Miracles have happened though, I have faith with Wacha, but unfortunately we need TWO games to win and that seems a little unlikely......

However............. the last time the Sox clinched a WS win at home has been quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite a few years, sooooo... I still have hope!
    We'll see what happens tomorrow night … It's funny, as "red" is both teams color scheme, one cannot tell who fans are rooting for nearly as readily!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    We'll see what happens tomorrow night … It's funny, as "red" is both teams color scheme, one cannot tell who fans are rooting for nearly as readily!

I really needed that break last night (Tuesday) from the WS. It looks like now Boston are the favorites but we shall see what happens. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05.gif 
Views:	44 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	57372

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Yay! It was even a non-controversail game, and the folks I saw were pretty celebratory but gracious, and even showed respect for the Cardinals.

I will say that balk was really odd, never seen one like that, but it did not affect the score, and no harm was done to that pitcher, so that was good.

Sometimes it feels like forever ago that the bombings happened, but it is still a scar on the hearts of so many, and that this team managed to win the World Series, at home, for the first time in so many years, is remarkable. The whole city was at a dead stop in April, hushed and holding our breath, and now the city can rejoice together as well.
    I've Been Frosted

Congratulations, Red Sox and your fans! I heard on the radio that the Red Sox had not won the World Series in their home stadium in many years. Since 1918 was what the reporter said.

Dear Cubs: The Red Sox had a difficult season last year, but they obviously had a terrific season this year! Are you paying attention?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Congrats to the Sox, the Cards just didn't bring their best with them to the WS and they paid for it. Sox won it fair and square.

Happy Halloween to all:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07.gif 
Views:	39 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	57374

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

No more baseball.

Until April

Spring training..

No stadium brats...

Until opening day..

No vendors yelling and distracting me

From great plays on the field..

Six months with no daily scores

Time will go by pretty quickly...

Baseball..

Annnnnnd... it's the first day of the 2014 season, and the Cubs have already lost. (sigh) Please, Cubs, I don't want to go through another heartbreaking season.

On the other side of town ... It's the first day of the 2014 season! The weather cooperated for Opening Day, and the White Sox won Keep it up, Sox!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678