Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2013!

The Cubs are 63 and 88. When is this season going to be over?! Ricketts family, why oh why would you want invest in extensive Wrigley Field renovations for a team that just can't seem to win?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Here's a pretty detailed chart of the current standings, and projected playoff spots et al - pretty interesting!

http://mlb.si.com/2013/09/18/pennant...?sct=mlb_t2_a2

They say they will update it daily ...
    I've Been Frosted

The NL Central race is so nerve wrecking....!!!!! Cards are currently in 1st... hopefully up by another game tonight....... it makes me so nervous with the Pirates and the Reds only being within 2 games behind us...!

facebook

Yep, right now we are up by two vs Pittsburgh. I'm watching todays free game online, so far no score in the second. Pittsburgh right now are winning their game. We shall see what happens. GO CARDS!!!

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Sad loss last night. But it is so typical of us to blow a game like that when we had the odds in our favor SO MANY TIMES. Bases loaded with 1 out?! Of course we'd blow it. Booooo.

Still up, but barely!

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    Sad loss last night. But it is so typical of us to blow a game like that when we had the odds in our favor SO MANY TIMES. Bases loaded with 1 out?! Of course we'd blow it. Booooo.

Still up, but barely!
    Matheny should never have had Kozma the bum come up with bases loaded. Anybody but him, he is terrible and I hope they trade him after this season.

"I've been frosted."

Matheny is doing something right... 2 years as manager and we're going to our second post-season! I know Matheny doesn't have many fans as he takes too many chances... but I'll be damned if he is doing something right. 2 post seasons in 2 years as manager..... he is obviously doing SOMEthing right!

Red October, baby!!!!!

facebook

We are now the NL Central Champs and I'm loving it. Way to go Cardinals, go as far as you can guys. You're a great team.

Name:  1868957286.gif
Views: 86
Size:  40.1 KB

"I've been frosted."

What's the deal, Cubbies? Is it the manager? Many managers have come and gone, and yet the team has not had consistent success. Maybe we really are cursed. This sad season is O-VER.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Well if it makes you feel better, I always cringe when we (Cards) play the Cubs.. because we can have the best record in MLB and roll over and lose horribly to the Cubs. Every. Time. I actually got a little worried with these last 3 games against them because we only needed ONE win... and I was so afraid we'd let us get our butts kicked by the Cubs. ><

facebook

My high school classmate is retiring (again) from the NY Yankees. Andy Pettitte has been a great pitcher for the Yankees.
    He's pretty much the only ball player I've ever followed. Now I can stop! haha...

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Was that Cal Ripken or Daddy Warbucks?

YAHOO! The Buccos are in the playoffs against the Redbirds. Look out, Cardinals!

Quote Originally Posted by david p View Post
    YAHOO! The Buccos are in the playoffs against the Redbirds. Look out, Cardinals!
    Don't hold your breath, the Cards are survivors and we will win this.

"I've been frosted."

Quote Originally Posted by redbird View Post
    Don't hold your breath, the Cards are survivors and we will win this.
    Don't hold YOUR breath, redbird!! The Pirates and the Pirate fans are hungry after 21 years of not winning and the Pirates will raise the Jolly Roger and win!!