Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The AG-Gag Bill In Indiana

Classy, Liz.

http://www.twincities.com/allheadlin...nclick_check=1

http://www.furcommission.com/saving-...l-snuff-films/

2000: America’s NBC Dateline uses video provided by the Humane Society of the US, produced as part of the animal rights group’s boycott campaign against the use of karakul lamb (broadtail) pelts in clothing. The video, shot in Uzbekistan, claims that Russian karakul is produced from unborn lambs removed from pregnant ewes killed for this purpose. Common sense, of course, tells us that killing breeding ewes for the value of lambskins would quickly put the sheepherder out of business. Sworn affidavits from the producing regions attest that this is not practiced and that the claim made by HSUS is false. Among them is anunequivocal written judgement of the video’s authenticity by Uzbek Karakul Company, which states: “Having thoroughly investigated the matter, we can confirm that the killing sequence in the footage was staged. The sequence was taken at the request of HSUS representatives, following a scenario suggested by them. The farm workers (Hasan, Zakir, Mutfullo, Fachretdin) were asked personally by the HSUS representatives to bring a sheep, cut off its head and remove the unborn lamb.”

And on, and on, and on.....

And paying witnesses (ringling Bros)

and on, and on........
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Bull S*** Name any examples of false evidence. Agriculture is big business & producting product is all they think of. The "product" is living, breathing animals who
    deserve humane treatment.
    All they think of is profit?

Abused cows don't give milk.

Abused cows also lose weight rapidly and are almost worthless as beef cattle.

If all they think about is profit then their animals should be fine.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Classy, Liz.

And on, and on, and on.....

RETRACTION

An earlier headline stated that outside observers say PETA videos are staged. The Pioneer Press retracts that statement. PETA was not accused of staging its videos. The Pioneer Press apologizes for its earlier headline.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    RETRACTION

An earlier headline stated that outside observers say PETA videos are staged. The Pioneer Press retracts that statement. PETA was not accused of staging its videos. The Pioneer Press apologizes for its earlier headline.
    That was the HEADLINE.

Read the story, not just read the retraction.

Obviously you stopped at the retraction because it fit. In addition, I'm willing to bet the sole reason the headline was retracted (NOT THE STORY) is that PETA has deeper pockets than the newspaper.

More on this issue in today's New York Times:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/09/op...uses.html?_r=0

I'm glad the Times is covering this. They are bringing the whole matter to the attention of the public at large (at least, the public that follows the Times..).
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    More on this issue in today's New York Times:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/09/op...uses.html?_r=0

I'm glad the Times is covering this. They are bringing the whole matter to the attention of the public at large (at least, the public that follows the Times..).

NYT has a vast readership. I'm glad they are covering the issue. Paul McCartney once said " If slaughterhouses had glass walls,everyone would be vegatarian"
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Today's New York Times, editorial "Eating With Our Eyes Closed": http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/10/op...s-closed.html?
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

The editorial is misleading at best.

Undercover investigation by law enforcement would still be allowed. (animal abuse is a criminal matter). The editorial reads that no undercover investigation is allowed.

Given the amount of money spent fighting specious charges, I can understand completely why these bills and laws are in existence. If I was a farmer, I shouldn't have to worry about my next hired hand being a plant for someone who's going to create an abuse situation and then get an otherwise clean operation smeared in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Today's New York Times, editorial "Eating With Our Eyes Closed": http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/10/op...s-closed.html?

Thank you for the link. A interesting read.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

GREAT NEWS!!! According to an email I just received from Animal Place, the Ag-Gag bill is DEAD in California! It was withdrawn by the author because of the volume of phone calls and letters in opposition. Sorry PT friends, I wasn't able to post the link but if you run a search for Animal Place you might be able to see the short notice.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    GREAT NEWS!!! According to an email I just received from Animal Place, the Ag-Gag bill is DEAD in California! It was withdrawn by the author because of the volume of phone calls and letters in opposition. Sorry PT friends, I wasn't able to post the link but if you run a search for Animal Place you might be able to see the short notice.

Thankful that this bill was pulled from consideration in California. People let them know that it was a bad bill & was not needed or wanted.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...,4031438.story
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Well, this is going down to the wire. On the last day(today)of the Legislative session, the bill has beeen pulled from consideration
    for now. Behind the scenes some are working on changing wording in the bill. (watering down the bill) I hope it is just killed off instead.

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/polit...g-bill-stopped
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Yay!:d
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

The Ag-gag bill is dead in Indiana. This bill just had too many people aganst it & they spoke up loud & clear.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...na-legislature
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

EXCELLENT!!!!!! Hooray, Indiana!!!
    Death thought about it.