Thread: kitty confusion

kitty confusion

My cat Moshi is acting rather like a female on heat.
    When my Brother first got the cat, he was tokd it WAS a girl,but abt 8 months ago, they said it was a tom. Moshi is approx. 17 months, and has been meowing on and off thru the day (but mostly evenings). I'm more familiar with girl cats. Do toms act this way? X

Has the kitty been neutered? A male that has not been neutered can act this way if a nearby female is in heat. But otherwise I'd get it to the vet for a check-up, as it could be kitty is in pain for some reason.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Has the kitty been neutered? A male that has not been neutered can act this way if a nearby female is in heat. But otherwise I'd get it to the vet for a check-up, as it could be kitty is in pain for some reason.
    He's due to be neutered in just over a week. But I was recently told it doesn't stop males spraying. This makes me have second thoughts. X

confirmed

well he's defo male lol. X

Glad he's scheduled to be neutered. It won;t necessarily stop any spraying right away, but it will make him less apt to roam, and calmer in general, and help prevent some long-term problems as well!
    I've Been Frosted

I had a male that I didn't get neutered until he was older and he did start to spray.... mostly in my clean and dirty laundry. Neutering him was a night and day difference. He never sprayed anything again after that. I realize I'm the exception rather than the rule, but just wanted to say... it does help curb it, if not eliminate it. If they don't have the desire to want to spray, they won't.

Glad you're bringing him in to be neutered soon though!! It is the best you can do for him (besides giving him a loving home, of course).

facebook

I'm hoping it stops him, as I only have one bed lol. I feel bad about shutting him the back end of my flat at night (though he has plenty of play room, his food, etc, and a cozy bed).

I've had to delay the op for financial reasons though, but only for a couple of months. Still getting him microchipped however. X

EXCELLENT, that you are getting him both neutered and microchipped!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery