Thread: Indoor cat got out and won't come back, help!!

Indoor cat got out and won't come back, help!!

I adopted a feral kitten when he was about 10 weeks old. He was an indoor cat that we fixed and had declawed. It is now nine months later and he got out of the house. It has been two weeks and he is hanging around the neighborhood but will not come back. I have been setting food out but he will not come into the yard to get it. I have notified my neighboors but when he sees a human he just runs. I finally got a humane trap but have not had any luck with it, just two other cats and wildlife. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get my cat back home? I am very worried about him as he is declawed and can't really defend himself.

Be patient, have you tried just sitting out at dusk where he can see you and just being there? How long have you been trying the trap? is he showing up in certain places you might move the trap to? Is anyone else feeding him?
    I've Been Frosted

I have been trying the trap for about a week im my and my neighbor's yard where he has been seen, still no luck. The main problem is he runs whenever he sees a person. There are several people who leave food out for two wild cats that live around here, so he is eating that and not going into the trap.

You should ask the neighbors who leave food out for the ferals to not leave food out for a couple days, or to only put food out when they are there to watch, and see if your boy shows up. I am sure if you explain the situation they will understand.
    I've Been Frosted