Thread: Jax went outside.

Jax went outside.

It was such a beautiful day today and we were sitting outside with the dogs. Jax was at the door and was looking pathetic and wanting to come out. So I went in and got out his harness and leash (we've never used it outside before). Oops, he's put on some weight since I got the harness. So I just attached the leash to his collar. I picked him up and took him out. I thought that might help him not become a door-darter if I carry him outside instead of letting him cross the threshold. Of course he only walked about 5 feet from the door right up next to the house and proceeded to eat grass. I let him do this for a few minutes then took him back inside. We will do it again another day. But if he starts wanting to run out the door when its open (even though he almost does anyway) then his trips outside will have to stop.
    Next time I will bring the camera and get some pictures too.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Sounds like a good first foray for spring! Good luck on continued progress!
    I've Been Frosted

I think it will work. It worked for me with Buddy. He sounds exactly like Bud. He walks a couple feet and drops to the ground to eat grass.

Ebony Beau Tubster Two wants out all the time, he actually drums on the door until I let him out.
    He just loves beng in his neighborhood, I just wish I could tell him what happened to his Dad
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What a nice little outing! Good that you're keeping him on the leash, too.

Happy trails, Jax!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thanks!
    I think I'll take his measurements and see about getting him a harness that fits. I'd feel better if he was in a harness instead of just the leash on a breakaway collar.
    It's supposed to rain this week, so hopefully the sun will come back out so he can go out again.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)