Thread: Charlie

Charlie

What a beautiful girl! I'm so sorry for your loss. I just had to put my magnificent Little Bear (http://catoftheday.com/archive/2010/February/06.html) to sleep on March 9; he also had cancer (squamous cell carcinoma), original site was in his cheek, radiation and other non-chemo meds seemed to stabilize the tumor, but it spread to his sinus/nasal cavity). My heart goes out to you, as I know all too well what you are going through.

Reading about Charlie brought back memories of all of the cats who I have loved. She is a perfect example of why cats truly should live forever.

Oh, dearest Charlie, you are so beautiful, and you and your Purrrson have shared such a wondrous time together. Even though you have gone to the Rainbow Bridge, you and she/he share a bond of love that is eternal. What a sweet story of your life together, full of your antics such as carrying on conversations and loving to eat fruits and vegetables and cuddling up to snooze with your big Eeyore toy or your Purrrson's head and being her companion through her own major life changes. Then when your disease became too advanced, she sang to you a lovely song, "Soft Kitty," as the doctor helped you gently and peacefully cross over to the Bridge.

You are now a glorious Angel at the Bridge, healthy and whole again and waiting to welcome your beloved Purrrson Home again, One Fine Day..

Congratulations, darling Charlie, on being selected today's Cat of the Day! We hope that your Purrrson and you and all the other Angels at the Bridge are enjoying a fine day of celebration.

Last edited by phesina; 03-24-2013 at 02:20 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Sweet Charlie

I'm typing through my tears. RIP beautiful darling.

You are such a Beautiful Lady Angel Charlie looking so wonderous with your Wings of Silver and Gold.
    Our Awesome Angels are such good friend with you Charlie who can not be with you being so charming and having so much personality.

We know that you have been with your very Special Purrson , and that you are letting her know that you are all right.
    I know that Our Awesome Angels are in the Bahamas now, and we bet that you are going to find a place where you and your Best Friend will be reunited in love.
    One Fine Day

We are all sending Our Special Angel MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW To Our Dear Angel Charlie , Our Beautiful Ne Cat of the Day ^^.
    :
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Your lovely Charlie

I'd like to extend my condolences in your loss. Pets become a large part of our lives when they leave us they leave behind a hole that needs to be filled. I hope you'll consider adopting another kitty -- not to replace Charlie, there is no replacement for her, but to fill the hole she left.

Angel Charlie

Bless you for sharing your special tribute to Charlie. She looks like my cat Whisper from when I was a little girl. You also brought tears to my eyes, my heart goes out to you and know that so many of us who will read your tribute do understand, as we have lived it before. The pain never goes away, it does get softer though. We will forever have a big place in our hearts for those precious kitties who are no longer with us in body but will always be there in spirit, until we meet again.

I love the way you write - if you have published anything I would be interested in perhaps buying it. Take good care.
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

Such a beautiful eulogy to your darling Charlie. Do tell us what else you have written, as someone stated earlier. Cats give us so much of themselves, and we to them in return. May Charlie come to you in your dreams some night, so you know she is well at RB and will never forget you, either.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Precious Charlie~

Beautiful Charlie, sweet baby girl~
    Tears fall as I read your human's beautiful tribute to her beautiful girl, one of the most touching I've ever read here on Cat of the Day. Yes, your human rescued you, but as she says, it was you who filled that "Charlie sized" hole in her heart, completing a part of her she never knew was lacking. And through the years, through all of the life changes and moves, there was one constant in your Mommy's life and that was you...her faithful and loving best friend, her madcap fruit and veggie eating sidekick, her partner in life, her Cat of a Lifetime. And in your most challenging hour, when your body grew weary, your Mommy was there for you; caring for you, filling your heart with love, whispering the words to "Soft Kitty" in your ear as you left for the Rainbow Bridge. Your beautiful spirit may no longer grace this earth, Charlie, but the love you and your Mommy shared is eternal.
    Bless you, beautiful Charlie. Hold fast to your beloved Eeyore, and bask in the glow and warmth of the Rainbow Bridge until that wonderful day when you and your Mommy are re-united.

To Charlie's Mom...Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful girl with us. It was an honor to have met her, to have had the chance to pay tribute to her and to all that she meant to you. Charlie was one in a million, and how. blessed you were to have shared so much of your life with her.
    (((HUGS)))

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Charlie

I am so sorry for your loss. I felt every emotion as you wrote about your beloved Charlie. I understand how you feel. I lost my best friend, E.T., back in '07. He was 15 and I was devastated. He too was my best friend. As I grieved his passing, a year later I adopted Silly Willie, who btw, has been posted on this website as "Cat Of The Day!" He came into my life at the right moment and helped me heal from my loss. Now he and my other cat, Mickey D., are best friends. I am so grateful for him.

You too will know when the time is right to adopt again. I wish you nothing but the best and thank you so much for sharing an incredible bond between two Beings.

What a nice tribute

Goodness, my eyes are filled with tears.

Charlie, you were loved to the hilt.

clio Guest
    Hi, Charlie's "mom" here. Many, many thanks for all of your kind words. Charlie meant everything to me, and seeing her here as Cat of the Day -- and reading such beautiful responses -- is such a wonderful tribute to her life. I've read this site for years (it restores my faith in humanity after reading the news every morning...), and for years I've meant to nominate her. So, thank you again.

For those who've asked: I'm a historian, and my first book is a history of international air travel: "Empire of the Air: Aviation and the American Ascendancy." It will be published in fall 2013. Charlie was my faithful companion through years of mostly solitary research and writing. As the photo shows, she liked to sleep on my desk next to, or on, my computer; I would often leave for a few moments to find dafahfdashdfaslkdjfhkalhflkajfaldfhlajksadklfh or such on my screen, which she had inadvertently typed! She is thanked in my book's acknowledgments, as she played such an important, unique role in my life as I researched and wrote it. She was a little white and calico ball of joy, and I am so grateful that her memory is preserved here.

Charming Charlie

What a beautiful cat...what a moving story (which brought tears to my eyes)...
    I know that beautiful sweet Charlie is truly missed. Thank God for the pretty pictures and loving memories!