Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dear Patch and Trillian

Patch was actually sighted entering the livingroom tonight while we were eating dinner and Angel's attention was firmly focused on what was going on at the table.

I tried taking him out of the laundry room while Angel was out of the house on a walk with the short hoomans, and was rewarded with a set of clawmarks up my back! I'm NOT coming out, dad!!!!!

SOmeone is adjusting nicely to her new home, and has taken to curling up on the couch between LOH and I, shifting which human she's up against constantly. I think she's calming down and realizing that this is HOME!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    SOmeone is adjusting nicely to her new home, and has taken to curling up on the couch between LOH and I, shifting which human she's up against constantly. I think she's calming down and realizing that this is HOME!
    Yay, Angel!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Well Angel was home alone for the first time yesterday. Oh boy, Fred had a meeting and had to do some shopping. While he was gone she manage to trash something from almost every room in the house, a box of tissues, a roll of toilet paper, two pairs of winter boots, a stuffy, a horsy change bank, to cans of cooking spray (at least the covers), managed to pour the water out of her water dish that was on the counter without knocking off the counter and had an accicent in the dining room.
    RIP Lady, Thursday's won't be the same without you to cuddle with by the fire

Um, at least most things were replaceable? It's okay Angel, this is gonna be your forever home, no need to worry when you are left alone ... someone will always come back!
    I've Been Frosted

Well.....she's living up to her name.

Sounds like she's going to need some frozen KONG's and other chewy things to get her thru her separation anxiety.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

She has 'em, the issue is what's acceptable to gnaw on and what's not.

She's a quick learner, she has it mostly figgered out, there was only a small casualty this morning.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Dog aggressive.

Yep, the new pup is REALLY dog aggressive.

Sure she is.

That's why we had an old pup walking along with us for about 200 yds this morning on our walk with no incidents. They went nose to nose, checked each other out, and the old man walked with us for a while until we were out of his "territory".

Definitely a good day, she woke me up to go out, had no accidents, there were no traces of destruction, and Patch actually came out into the kitchen while the pup was there. (immediately scampered back into the laundry room when he realized he'd been seen, but it's a start!)

Wooo hoo! Sounds like progress all around! Glad she showed no sign of her theoretical "dog aggression" when out on the walk! Makes me wonder if it was a one-time incident at the shelter and someone assumed the worst!
    I've Been Frosted

We're thinking that the people who adopted her from the shelter first just weren't ready for her, as she is an absolute bundle of spring steel at times, and she was just too much for whatever dog they had.

I am so glad to hear she's improved so much already! Dogs really do just need time to adjust, her first few days sound quit similar to Mikey's to be quite honest. So glad to hear she's happy, friendly with other dogs, and becoming well-mannered Good job, Angel!

Any more pics???

No new pics as of yet, but a couple of observations:

She's as much of a bed hog in volume as Lady, though she's half Lady's size.

We're finally settling down to this being HOME!. There was a boxer and a beagle running around the yard, she barked, they left.

Dear Patch and Trillian,

How's things? How are you and Angel getting along? I hope it's going better each day!

Your fan,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Welll...

Someone has some red dots on her schnoz where Patch's claws met an over-inquisitive puppy nose.

Patch has been out and about at times, so we might actually be getting to some understanding. Not holding our collective breath, mind you, but it's getting there.

We should have pics of a sunning pup up later.

Patch has been getting brave, he was in teh bedroom last night for a while, checking in on stinkerbelle.

I FINALLY got a picture of someone on the back of the loveseat snoozing in the sunbeam!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post

I FINALLY got a picture of someone on the back of the loveseat snoozing in the sunbeam!
    So are you going to share it with us, or keep it all to yourself???????
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~