Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sparkler's appetite is off

Yay!!! That sounds about right, since didn't you say you're treating your other household kitty for a URI right now also? Hope the convenia is all she needs to kick start a speedy recovery

facebook

Thanks, MoFF, for the prayers and good wishes. We can sure use them about now!

And thanks, Jessika, for the comments and good wishes. Yes, my old girl Poppaea has a URI that she's getting Azithromycin and today a Depo-Med shot for. She and Sparkler are in the same room, I can't isolate them. The head vet, who treated Poppaea earlier today, thought it was likely that Sparkler picked that up from her.

I hope this fixes Sparkler up. I sure don't want to have to try and wrestle her back into a carrier on Monday. She'll really hate me then. I just hope she'll come out from inside the bedspring-box and have more to eat!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm glad that you were able to get her to your vet. Hopefully she'll start feeling better soon. I also hope that none of your other cats get sick. I know how hard it is to try to isolate cats when you have a multi-cat household. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

Thank you, Tracey. I really hope none of the others come down with this too.

Great news -- SPARKLER CAME OUT FROM UNDER THE BED AND ATE A WHOLE BOWL OF WET FOOD!!!!!

AND SHE LET ME PET HER AND SKRITCH HER AROUND THE EARS, AND SHE PURRED REALLY LOUD!!!!!!

I guess she has forgiven me for all the indignities I subjected her to earlier today. WHEW!!!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Great news!! Yay Sparkler!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

WOOHOO!!! Yay Sparkler and especially for her caring mom!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Well, she didn't come out for breakfast this morning. I left a bowl of crunchies under the bed, and I hope she came out while I was away and got at least some of it.

And I hope and pray she will come out later and eat while I'm there and let me pet her and give her more lovies.

Thanks, Maggie and Candace and all our dear friends.

Death thought about it.

I haven't seen her at all today. I'm quite worried. I left some dry food under the bed, and that has been eaten, but whether by her or one of the others, I don't know.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get her to come out from the bedsprings? Appetizing food aromas don't seem to do the job.

Thanks, and please say some prayers for my little Sparkler.
    Death thought about it.

I would get a book and a pillow and just sit on the floor near where you think she's hiding for as long as it takes for her to approach you. Having a dish of something smelly in font of you - like tuna fish - may help! Prayers for her and you!
    I've Been Frosted

My love Sparkler: I know how you feel. Sometimes I just want to be on my own, but that scares Meowmie so I crawl on her lap so she knows I'm OK. Please come out my love and eat something. Even though my Meowmie hasn't posted here in a long time, my love for you has not faded. I'd love to share my basket with you.
    All my love
    Merlin
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Sparkler did come out last night and ate a whole dish of wet cat food again.. which I watched her eat. The dry food I'd left under the bed was gone when I looked this morning. And this morning she came out from the bed springs again but then headed back in when I tried to look. I put a small amount of wet food under the bed in the hopes of attracting her back out. A little later when I checked again, the food had been eaten, but I don't know if that was by her.

I hope the Convenia is knocking out the stuffy nose. Last night I tried to give her the eye drops the vet had given us to clear up the pink rims of her eyes. I hope that wasn't something that made her not want to come out again.

Pat
    Death thought about it.

Oh, my dearest Merlin! I'd love to share your basket with you. I wish you were here so I could do that. It is so lovely to see your sweet face on my Catberry screen again. I did eat some nice wet food last evening so Meowmie wouldn't worry quite as much.

All my love right back to you, my darling, ,
    Your Sparkler

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sparkler310PT.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	56137
    Death thought about it.

Yay, Sparkler!!

I think I need some convenia myself for my stuffy nose today

facebook

Well, she hasn't come out at all this evening for me to give her some wet food. I've left dry food in a bowl under the bed, and it gets eaten.. I hope some of it at least is being eaten by her.

I just don't know how to get her out from the bedsprings box. I worry about her, and about all this, so much.

There are under-the-bed storage boxes partly under this, which are high enough to give her a platform to walk on in the bedsprings box. I removed one of those yesterday, and the fabric from the springs box just hangs down. She retreated to where the other storage boxes still are. I wonder if I should take the other two out from under the bed, whether that would really freak her, or if there is some place back in the corner where she could still hide.
    Death thought about it.

Dear Miss Sparkler, could you please come out and try to eat some gushy food for meowmie. I know you aren't feeling well, sweety but it's unsettling for us meowmies when our kitty-kids are not in the mood to eat. Continued prayers for you too
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678