Thread: Opinions on Blue Buffalo cat food

Opinions on Blue Buffalo cat food

My cats have been fed Nutro Natural Choice and were thriving on it. Now it's being reformulated so I don't trust it (reformulation =?cheaper). I've heard a lot of good things about the various Blue Buffalo brands, and like what I see on the label. I was wondering if anyone fed their cats this brand, and, more importantly, do they eat it? It's pricey so I was thinking of getting a small bag of the Wilderness and mix it in with the Nutro.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

It is very pricey and My Cats are not that fussy on it, they like the Purina Pro Plan.
    And the Eukanuba as well!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I haven't used the Wildness brand of Blue, but I have used the other (especially the turkey). Most of my guys like it, but the problem is that the pieces are very very tiny and my blind cats have a hard time finding it So I use the Simply Nourish brand of cat food (the PetSmart house brand of healthy food)

My cats wouldn't touch it and my vet did not recommend it. She said those "life bits" or whatever they're called are bits of raw food and the cat needs to eat alot of those as the rest of it's not very good. This may be her commentary to get me to use the vet prescription food instead so just putting it out there for whatever it's worth.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I manage a pet feed store, and in my opinion it's WAY overpriced, and we get a TON of bags returned because neither dogs nor cats will eat the "Life Source Bits". We recommend, Innova Prime, Taste of the Wild, California Natural Grain Free, and (If you can find it, it's a new and quite small company) Tuscan Naturals. Also, oddly, Whole Foods grocery stores have teamed up with a company that makes a food called Nulo, which is AWESOME. US made and sourced, and just...fantastic formulas.

My cats all LOVED it!!! Ming has urinary tract issues and any food but Wilderness and Solid Gold Indigo Moon causes blockages in him. Wilderness is the best food I have ever fed my cats. They all have glossy coats, lots of energy, and Ming thrives on it! It's expensive, but of much higher quality than Eukenuba or Pro Plan. Those two are CHOCK FULL OF GLUTENS! You get what you pay for. I'm far from rich, heck, I'm not even comfortable, but my boys deserve the best and they get it. I highly recommend this food!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Princess Pinot has been on Blue for some time and thrives on it. She eats the Chicken flavor of the dry with a spoonful of the canned mixed in (spa select variety, seafood flavors only, thank you very much). I feel the ingredients are far superior to many other brands and, believe you me, she is PICKY! Never had an issue changing over from Science Diet. As far as the cost; if you break it down, it's not that much money. We actually use half the food we did previously; the protein content fills up more that the unnecessary ingredients in other foods.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Yep. 5 lbs. of the good stuff lasts just as long, if not longer, than 10 lbs. of the cheaper stuff. I couldn't afford it otherwise. If you had a housefull like Gary, I can see it being too expensive, but with up to 3, it is very economical.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Thanks for all your input. I'm most concerned about my two oldest cats (14+, exact ages unknown.) Spike and Moby will eat anything that doesn't eat them first, and the less said about Nutmeg, the better. How does one cat in a houseful get so overweight when all the others have good weights?
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I am a fan of Blue Buffalo Wilderness dry (chicken and duck flavors), and so are my cats. It is costly so I go easy on feeding it. Their main diet consists of wet food which is healthier for cats. Visit www.catinfo.org for excellent information by a vet on this and other cat topics. My Bible for cat care. If you go on BB website and do food comparison they will send you a coupon via snail-mail for $3.00 off if you want to try it. If you don't want to try it after getting the coupon, please mail it to me!!! Only one per household so I can't get any more coupons.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

We're feeding our "Brady Bunch" Blue Buffalo Indoor Health. We were feeding the Wilderness Formula for a while, but it's more expensive. (Five pound bag of Wilderness is the same price as a seven pound bag of Indoor Health.) Empty food dishes every night.
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado