Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Please pray for my Grandma kitty

Dearest Grandma and MoFF, well done!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Great news! Grandma Kitty, you make your mom so happy with the nom nom nomming. Keep it up!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Just sending lots of love to Grandma. I think she's handling the eating bit just fine!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Oh Grandma, thanks for eating - you have made your Mom very happy. Keep it up and feel better too.

So very happy that Grandma's eating. Keep it up Grandma - Merlin and I are praying for you.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Grandma update

Well, miss picky paws has decided she does not like her kd food . She got so she would hardly eat it even with her normal food mixed in.

So, I called the vet, they said heat it up, or mix some egg or cottage cheese in it. She goes back for her recheck on the 9th at 9:30. They want to keep her on the kd until then to see if it's helping.

So, when I go to the store tomorrow, I'll need to get her some eggs, and cottage cheese. I don't keep those on hand because of my cholesterol and milk allergy. Guess I should see about getting her a microwave while I'm at it. It's ok. She is worth the extra trouble.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

What we all do for our kitty cats. LOL Maybe Grandma would like to pick out a list of foods in advance of her meals.
    The way they do in the hospital. I hope this combination , when heated up, will smell great to her.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Still praying for you Grandma and sending loving hugs to your Meowmie. Yes, what we do for our furry ones. We all understand.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I warmed her kd up for her tonight. I usually hate the smell of that stuff. I hate to admit it but it smelled darn good warmed up. Grandma ate what I gave her too. Maybe that's what she wants: cooked meals!!! Next I have to warm up her bedtime snack.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

I'm so glad to read that you're able to get her to eat again. I hope she'll continue to do well and gain some of her weight back.

Well, mixing an egg with the kd laid a big fat egg!!! I scrambled an egg this evening and chopped up some of it then warmed it and the kd food up. Miss picky paws, lapped at the kd but totally ignored the egg. So, I warmed up just some kd. She ignored that too. I am ready to bang my head against the wall!!! She only ate about two bites at breakfast. So, I gave in and gave her some of her normal food tonight. That she ate!!! Well, most of it.

I'm not going to even try cottage cheese. I can't keep buying stuff just to throw it out when she won't eat it.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

I'm sorry to hear this. I know just how picky cats can be. One day they love something and the next day they won't eat it. I would just make sure that she's eating something and let your vet know what's going on. Good luck.

Grandma's vet checkup

I took Grandma in for her checkup this morning. My good girl has gained her weight back that she had lost. Her kidneys are about the same perhaps a fraction worse.

the vet wants me to try mixing some clams, juice and all in the kd food and see if she will eat it better. (can you spell klamz joose?) She also gave her a vitamin B shot to help her appetite. She got an A on her visit this morning.

She really charmed the new vet tech in training. We had the top off the carrier and Grandma just laid in it with her head up. She was sitting in the bottom half of the carrier letting us pet and rub her just like the royal Queen she is. She didn't even move when the vet came in to see her.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Moff, what good news. I was just lighting a candle for Grandma this morning and up pops the notice about this post.

Klam Joose? Seems to me that Phred is around here influencing things - don't you agree?

Well. we all know how good klam joose works! I'm still keeping dear Grandma in my thougts and prayers.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!