Thread: Natura Pet Food Recall (Innova, Healthwise, California Natural, EVO)

Hybrid View

Natura Pet Food Recall (Innova, Healthwise, California Natural, EVO)

Hey everyone! I haven't been around in awhile, but I wanted to pop in and post about Natura's recall due to possible salmonella contamination, in case people didn't know. Both dog and cat food is being recalled, and no illnesses have been reported, but Natura found Salmonella in some food and decided to err on the side of safety.

Here's a list of affected foods:
    http://www.naturapet.com/voluntary_r...20Products.pdf

How can these people who charge a king's ransom for their food not make it safely while the so called budget brands never have that problem
    This makes me wary of switching brands.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I feed the herd Evo, and got a text from the store where I buy it from to alert me. I need food, too. Crud.

Luckily I stopped feeding my cats Evo. Now I feed them Merrick's Before Grain dry instead and Wellness grain free canned.

Salmonella is present in any food manufacturing plant that uses chicken, or vegetables for that matter. Natura has a LONG history, and this is their first EVER recall. It's VOLUNTARY....they found salmonella in ONE bag of cat food and decided as a precautionary measure to pull that entire production window. No pets have become ill, nor people.

Considering how often human foods are recalled due to salmonella, this is not a reason to throw Natura under the bus. They didn't try to cover it up so they could keep their "No Recalls EVER!" status, they responsibly pulled everything immediately.

I agree! EVERY or most, food processing plants that deal with chicken have experienced salmonella outbreaks at some point. Ever notice that Purina and other inexpensive brands are pretty close-mouthed about what happens at THEIR plants? Honesty is the best policy and even though I don't buy these brands, I admire their caring and honesty.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!