Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Front Street Dog shelter

We're going to owe the shelter $100 in dog toys at this point. We're running a 2 toy per visit average.

Friday should be......interesting.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Angel is not a pittie, she is a Boxer/Bulldog mix, and she's not home quite yet, but a work in progress! The Lhasa mix was just a "therapy" visit - he's smaller than Patch (resident rambunctious kitty at the house) and so not a good match for that house!
    Ah, okay! For a quick glance this morning she looked like a Pitty but now I see, she definitely looks like a Boxer mix. She has quite the smile I must say!

Thought there should be an update, Angel is now home and apparently doing quite well. Pics and further updates to follow.
    RIP Lady, Thursday's won't be the same without you to cuddle with by the fire

this was the first report I received from LH while I was at work, after he got her home,

"Good news? I told her no and she left Trill alone, dropped the toys she scavenged from Axel's room, etc.

She has good table manners (no, I didn't share much beyond a couple smidgens of ham)

The bad news? She got to Trill before I could intercept. Trill is fine, Angel's nose got whacked, and trill is currently hiding in MJ's room.

Patch arched the entire cat and disappeared into the laundry room."

The reaction from the cats was not unexpected especially from the old girl Trillian. Patch's reaction just creates an interesting visual.
    Last edited by Lady'sOtherHuman; 03-22-2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: fixing a typo
    RIP Lady, Thursday's won't be the same without you to cuddle with by the fire

Welcome home Angel!!! I'm sure that you'll get used to the other furkids soon and will fit in well in your wonderful new loving forever home. I look forward to seeing new pictures soon.

The really nice thing about spending the time this week at teh shelter is seeing the other puppies who were adopted, including one elderly girl who spent about 48 hours there before someone took her home.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady'sOtherHuman View Post
    Thought there should be an update, Angel is now home and apparently doing quite well. Pics and further updates to follow.
    Question for Lady's Humans - how old is Angel, is she a puppy? I'm sure you have answered this question somewhere and I just missed it. Yay, Angel in your new home!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Question for Lady's Humans - how old is Angel, is she a puppy? I'm sure you have answered this question somewhere and I just missed it. Yay, Angel in your new home!
    The vet who spayed Angel a months ago estimated her age at 7 months, but the shelter people told LH she was a year to a year and a half old, so the answer is - we don't know whether she's done growing or not, but she is still very much a puppy in terms of energy!
    I've Been Frosted