Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Beautiful Dazzi Has Passed

My Beautiful Dazzi Has Passed

My sweet little Dazzi died on Monday morning. She had surgery last week to remove her spleen and a tumor that was on it. She seemed to be doing pretty well -- and then on Monday when I went to get her up to go outside, she laid down on the kitchen floor and died. It broke my heart to have her leave me. She came to us when a friend who was a salesman for a paper company who sold paper to my workplace said he had a dog that he needed to find a new home for because he had just gotten divorced and was selling his house and moving to an apartment that didn't allow pets. I told him to bring her over one night to see if she and 11 year Oreo would get along. I told him NOT to bring all of her things like he wanted to do because if you knew Oreo you knew that the chances of her liking another dog was slim but her liking another female dog was slimmer. But here he came with her crate, dog food, dishes, toys, leashes, - everything he had bought her.

At first she and Oreo did not get along but they had to make peace with each other or at least ignore each other since they were going to live together. She was about a year or year and a half old when we got her from him so we had her 11 years - she would have been 13 in April by the date we gave her for her birthday.

She was the best dog any one could have. She came so well trained and he did not know where she learned all she did - he had got her at the Humane Society in Lima, Ohio. She could be off leash because if you told her to stay in the yard she did - at least if you kept your eye on her as she loved to wander - to see the neighbors or just investigate their yards. If she started to run after a rabbit, you would just call her name and she would stop in her tracks and come right back to you.

When we first started taking her to the Dog Park, however, she sometimes was not such a good girl. She did not like Golden Retrievers, certain spaniels or German Short-haired Pointers. And she would attack them - she even attacked Staci's Keegan. But after that she was their protector. She would let no other dog that acted like it might be aggressive near her "friends". So sometimes when we saw one of those breeds coming into the dog park we would have to leash her or watch her very closely and remind her that she was to stay with us. She finally "outgrew" her protectiveness and stopped going after other dogs.

She loved to do tricks especially if she thought it might get her a treat. She would sit up, shake, high five, lay down, twirl, and crawl. She was the best car rider we ever had. She would just get in the car and sit and look out the window. She didn't bark at other dogs or people. She didn't jump from back seat to front seat and back again. She just sat and enjoyed the ride. In fact, on longer trips you would forget she was even in the car with you.

She was my best friend. If I got up at night cause I couldn't sleep or didn't feel well, she came with me. She liked to sleep near me, so if there was room on the couch or other bed, she was right there with me. If not she laid as close as she could on the floor. She slept in our bed with us. She accepted her crate when we would put her in one and when we started to get the others, and she had to give up her crate, she would sometimes still go in one to get away from the others. Or if she didn't feel good.

She had never been around kids but when Jasmine and Dominic came to live with us, she accepted them and loved them right away. She was always happy to see them and always put up with them even when they would put her on a leash to just be walked around the inside of the house.

When we went away on long trips and couldn't take her she sometimes went to my sister's in Toledo. Julia had 3 or 4 cats then and Dazzi didn't care. I have some pictures of her sleeping with them by her side.

Dazzi was definitely a special dog and I will never, ever forget her. She was the sweetest, most beautiful dog anyone could ever have. I miss her so very much! Rest in peace, beautiful Dazzi.

Name:  DSCN0459.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  1.08 MB

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Oh no, how sad! I am so very sorry to be reading this news. Sending you cyber hugs.

I did not know / remember her story and I appreciate you taking the time now, to include that here. What a special girl. Run free Dazzi!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I'm so sorry! I kept looking for an update on her condition, and was somewhat apprehensive when none was posted. I know it's really no consolation to you, but at least Dazzi passed on in her own loving home, and not in some sterile hospital environment, surrounded by strangers. I truly believe that was her gift to you for being there for her thru the years. She was a beautiful girl - such a gentle looking soul - and Rainbow Bridge has been given a special gift with her arrival. May you find the peace that Dazzi now has.

RIP Dazzi. Goodnight - and sweet, happy dreams.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Rest in peace, pretty Dazzi. I remember you well from our visits at the Dog Park, and you certainly packed plenty of personality in your small frame! I bet you and Keegan are having a good conversation up there now, between visits to Phred for treats of course. Ohio has a new golden angel watching over it.
    I've Been Frosted

it breaks my heart to hear this news,please accept my sincere condolences on this very sad and difficult day, RIP beautiful Dazzi. Hugs to you.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Oh, Diana. My heart goes out to you. Dazzi was such a wonderful special girl and I know you will be missing her so very much. {{hugs}}

Rest in peace now beautiful and precious Dazzi.

Diana, my heart breaks to hear this news. I was really hoping her recovery would continue.

RIP sweet Dazzi. You'll be missed.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I am so very sorry. Dazzi was a beautiful girl, and very much loved. I hope the softer memories of the long life she had with you will bring you comfort in time.

Heartbroken~

Oh, Diana. I'm so, so sorry to hear that your beautiful Dazzi has left for the Rainbow Bridge. She was such a special girl, and a Pet Talk original. She was so lucky to have found you and your family those many years ago. You gave her the most wonderful life imaginable, and no dog was ever more loved than she. Thank you for telling us about how she came to be yours, for your beautiful tribute. I'm in tears over your loss, Diana, but hope that knowing that she was with you when she left for the Bridge, knowing how very loved she was helps to comfort you, though I know at the moment it's very, very hard.
    My thoughts are with you, Diana, and with your precious Dazzi.
    (((hugs)))
    Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Diana, loving thoughts and much sympathy for your sad loss.
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

I am so sorry that Dazzi has passed away. I was hoping along with you that she could have more time with you & the family.
    Thank you for the story of how she came to live with you guys. I am sure she developed a strong bond with you & reflected your
    way of including all in a loving good natured way. Dazzi is now painfree & happy to be with all she knew here on earth who have
    gone before her to Rainbow Bridge. (((Hugs))) to you Diana.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thank you so much for sharing the story of Dazzi. I can tell just how very special she was to you.

RIP Dazzi
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Diana, I am so sorry for your loss.

It may small comfort to you, but knowing that you loved and cared for her made it possible for her to pass quietly in her home with you nearby. You gave her everything, even the dignity of a knowing she was loved in passing.

I am so very sorry for your loss.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Such a beautiful, heartfelt tribute to Dazzi. Huge Huge hugs Diana and Karl, she sure was a beauty.

Love
    The Spotties and Michelle
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."