Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Televisions

Televisions

Just curious. How many televisions do you have in your home?
    We just have one. I mostly have it to myself except when DH comes home and then I just pass him the remote. Life's easier that way.

We have three that we use often and one in the spare room that isn't even hooked up right now.
    We have the big screen (82") in the living room, a smaller one in the studio/kitchen area and "mine" back in the bedroom.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Four. Three are hooked up to cable - my bedroom, family room, living room. The one in my grandson's room doesn't have cable hookup and he uses that for games and movies.

ETA: Correction - there are actually 5. It's an old one - you know - the ones that have a picture tube and weigh a ton!!! It's still in good working order and is in the storage room. We keep it around - just in case.
    Last edited by pomtzu; 03-13-2013 at 12:16 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Just one!
    I've Been Frosted

We just bought a new HD for the family room so I have a huge TV in my room and the 32 inch one I need to move somewhere.

We also have tv's in both bedrooms from when the kids lived at home and one in the game room, all three of those are disconnected, I think we have another one in the junk room too

My husband cannot be home and not have a tv or two on
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post

My husband cannot be home and not have a tv or two on
    This is the same with my boyfriend! We were up in Tahoe last month and our friends turned the TV off while I was picking Bruce up from the ski resort. When we got back to the condo he asked "Why isn't the TV on? What's wrong with you people?" Of course I had been watching Too Cute ALL day long!

But if he doesn't have the TV on he will have pandora music on instead. I just like the quiet sometimes.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    I just like the quiet sometimes.
    I HATE it! Someday I will experience eternal silence, so until then, I want to hear all that I can! There's always a t.v. on when I'm home, and I can't go to sleep at night without mine on either. I might have my back to it and not watching it, but I HEAR it.

sorry - a little off topic
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I just have one, and I'm very selective with what I watch.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

It's just me here, and I have 2. One in the living room and one in the bedroom. Some evenings the tv doesn't come on until I turn QVC on in the bedroom to help me fall asleep. My sister and her husband and another married friend each only have 1 tv in their respective homes. I often comment that I don't know how they can stand that, especially since I know the crazy things the husbands like to watch.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

We only have one and I'm using it as a computer monitor. We do have a projector too but the only thing we watch is Netflix, lol.

I have two. The one in the living room goes on when I get up and stays on all day till I go to bed. I can't stand to hear other people in the halls, etc. The one in the bedroom is for when kitties and I want to snuggle and watch movies, it doesn't have cable but is connected to the DVD player.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Out of curiosity, for those of you who keep the TV on for the noise factor, have you considered just keeping a radio playing instead? I bet it would save you a TON in terms of electricity usage!

A caveat: Dad is a stationary engineer (retired) - in other words, one of the people who keeps power plants going. So we were raised to consider electricity usage, and conserving when we could!
    I've Been Frosted

I have just one TV in the house.

I do like some 'noise,' and usually am happy with the radio on -- better yet, the CDs, no commercials! (No stupid DJ jokes, either, ha haa).

Working TVs, just 1. Non-working 2 or 3. lol
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I have one TV but no TV service. I have a VCR (remember those?) and a DVD player hooked up to it.

I like listening to radio - I actually have a stereo component system and still need to figure out how to get the radio sound happening. CDs - no problem. Radio - the volume levels move so there is sound, but it's not reaching the speakers!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda