Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Bartie

RIP Bartie

I remember the day is if it was yesterday. I got a call that a man lost his job, his home and his medical benefits and could no longer care for his 15 year old cat he had had since he was a kitten. I took Bartie in as I believe all oldies but goodies deserve to live out the remaining golden years in a loving home. Bartie gave me the most wonderful 2 and a half years of his life. I will miss his demands for his beloved goats milk. I look forward to seeing you in my dreams my dear old man. Be happy, be whole and give my love to all my other kitties including Casey, MooShoo, Molly rose and Murphy. I will see you again one fine day.
    Last edited by moosmom; 03-13-2013 at 11:55 AM.

The body may die, but the love never does. It binds us to them forever and leads to one joyful reunion! RIP Bartie.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Bless you, Donna.

Peace, Bartie - thanks for giving your mom that little goodbye kiss and meow.

I hope Nancy comes to realize that keeping an animal alive does not mean keeping them comfortable. You did the right thing, Donna - and there are other furbabies that could benefit from Nancy's support.

{{{hugs}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so sorry, Donna. Thank you for making the last years of his life good ones. RIP, sweet Bartie and peace to you, Donna.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Rest in peace, Bartie, dear. You were loved your whole life, and we are glad your last years were spent with Donna, who has a particularly soft spot for the oldies. We are glad your suffering is over, and death never wins, nor does cancer - love lives on!

Chase some butterflies up there at the Rainbow Bridge, and then look for Lucas - he's a extra-furry black guy who has been up there a while, but probably knows all the best sunny spots for naps, okay?
    I've Been Frosted

((((HUGS)))) to you, Donna. Bartie, I will meet you in heaven, One Fine Day.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I am so sorry, Donna. I know how much Bartie meant to you, even if he only lived with your for 2 and a half years.

Deepest sympathy to you, Donna. May the memories of the wonderful 2 1/2 years you and Bartie shared help to bring you comfort and peace.

Rest in peace, darling Bartie, now healthy and whole again. Please send some purrs down to Donna, as you wait to welcome her Home.. One Fine Day.

God bless you both. Love is eternal, and you are together always.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am so sorry, Donna. Opening your heart and home to a senior pet is never easy, and Bartie knew such love with you.

Bartie enjoyed 2+ wonderful golden years with you, Donna. Takes a special person to give that to a kitty. I am sorry for your loss. Bartie.

I'm so sorry about Bartie. You gave him a wonderful loving home for 2 1/2 years.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I am so sorry about Bartie. He couldn't have found a better home to spend his last years in, with all the love.

RIP Bartie
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm so sorry for your loss. Bartie had a wonderful 2 and 1/2 years with you and now he's painfree and able to run and play again up at the Bridge. RIP sweet Bartie. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Bartie had the best last 2.5 years possible with you. Sorry for your loss.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Bartie. He got to spend his 2 last years surrounded by love,that I'm sure he enjoyed - thank you for that!

Rest in peace, Bartie!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.