Thread: Hi everyone. It's been a while, I know.

Hi everyone. It's been a while, I know.

I'm presently recovering from another jaw surgery so I figured now is a good time to introduce the new additions to my Fur Posse. I swore I would not take in any more cats. I was at a comfortable 4 and my household was peaceful. Well, no more. I hope I can remember how to post pix.

The first two are of Tiger Kitty aka TK aka Mr. T. He's a snaggle toothed old tiger cat that I've been feeding and sheltering for about a year. He wouldn't let me near him, not even while he ate. I had to go inside and close the door before he'd eat. However, a little over a month ago he came limping to his food dish and I thought "Ok, that's it. You're going to see Dr. Lee". He willingly let me pick him up and didn't fight me when I put him in a carrier. I thought his leg might be broken but it had an abscess from a bite wound. He also had a temp of 105, a broken tooth and an URI. He was a mess, poor boy. So Dr. Lee tested him before any treatment. He has FIV and his FeLV was inconclusive so Dr. Lee said that he hated to euthanize him and he said "Maybe it's my OCD but I'd like to test him for FeLV again later." So we did and he does NOT have FeLV, thankfully. He cannot be an indoor only kitty, though, b/c Dr. Lee said that FIV is usually transmitted from a bite and I can't trust that he won't bite any of my indoor cats. Also b/c sneezing is one of the banes of FIV, my indoor cats could get some of the spray or if they drank from the same water dish, then they could contract FIV. I can't risk that b/c all of my cats are special needs except for Specs. They have enough piled on them w/o adding to it. So I'm having a kitty door installed in my garage this week. There is already a shelter in my garage and that's where TK has been living peacefully. I put hot compresses of Epsom salts water on the abscess after Dr. Lee cleaned him up and he no longer limps. His temp is normal now and I had him neutered and had the broken tooth extracted so he's in good shape. I need to have him immunized before I release him to the outdoors where he has another shelter where he can stay if the weather is nice. When it's nasty out there, he can shelter in my garage. He's already gained two pounds. LOL Best of all, he has become such a love bug. He runs to me when I go into the garage rather than run from me as he used to do. I said that he had deadly eyes b/c he'd always give me that half lidded stare but it's b/c he was so sick. Now he's wide eyed and his eyes are bright and that makes me feel so good to know that he's healthier than he's been in a long time.

The next two are of Gracie aka Princess Grace aka Shadow. She's a Yodie/Yoder look-alike and she's approx. 2 years old. She was super friendly when she showed up on my patio so I figured she belonged to someone but she slept in the shelter and showed no intention of leaving. So I did my due diligence. I posted fliers, checked for "lost cat" fliers, visited several vets offices to ask if anyone lost a cat and posted info on their bulletin boards. Nothing. No response at all. So she's mine. She's got the sweetest disposition. It's like having Boo and Pidge back again b/c Boo loved to sleep next to me and so does Gracie and Pidge was so sweet and Gracie is, too. However, Yodie hates her. She stalks her, waits while she's in the litter box. She sits on the lid and pounces like a ninja cat when Gracie walks out of the box. I've caught her a few times just ready to pounce. Gracie holds her own but Yodie is the alpha female and she's definitely letting Gracie know. It's gotten a little better recently, though, not sure why but I don't care why, just so they get along.

I posted the last pic of Yodie so that you can see how much she and Gracie look alike. My friends think that's why Yodie hates Gracie but does Yodie really know what she herself looks like? I don't know.

My neighbor and I also found a cat that was really sick. His eyes were sealed shut w/green mucous and he had labored breathing. I didn't think he'd make it to Dr. Lee's so I called my local vet and said it was an emergency. She took us right in and he had FeLV, so we had him PTS. If he belonged to someone, then shame on them for allowing him to get in such bad shape. We definitely did him a favor by sending him to the Bridge and I was there stroking him and talking to him and telling him that Puddy, Boo, Peeka, Pidge and Buddy were all there to greet him. Then the vet said "And the best vet in the world, Dr. LeBeau". That's when I broke down b/c I sure do miss that man.

So it's been an eventful couple of months, to say the least. This recent jaw surgery was more invasive so the pain was ramped up but I've got it under control. Nothing keeps me down for too long. I hope that all is well w/all of you. I apologize for not posting for so long. No excuses other than life.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tiger Kitty.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	56111   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tiger Kitty 2.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	56112   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pretty little lady Gracie.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	56113   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gracie looking ticked off about something.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	56114   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yoder.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	56115  

Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Good to hear from you, and thanks for posting the newcomers! You have had an eventful run haven't you? Prayers you recover well from your surgery! Keep us updated!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Wow - do Yodie and Gracie ever look alike! Sisters! Though Yoder doesn't see it that way... . I am glad things are better.

Looking forward to a wide-eyed pic of Mr. T. What a handsome boy! How are his sniffles doing?

I am also glad that your pain is under control. I hope the surgeries have worked and that you won't need any more. HUGS! And thanks for sharing the pics. Scritchies to all your furbabies.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

TK's sniffles are still there but not like they were. He would sneeze so hard that he would actually shake and practically fall over. When he ate, he snorted b/c he couldn't breathe but that's at least not the case now. I hope to get a few more good pix of him w/those big wide eyes.

I hope this is the last of my surgeries, too. The pain isn't all that bad but I'm limited on what I can do. No working out and that bugs me. I gain weight so quickly when I eat nothing but soft foods. I was making good progress and now I can't work out until my dr. gives me the word. Hopefully, when I go in next Mon. he'll say it's ok. I still have 10 -16 weeks of follow up, though. I want to be able to fit into my spring/summer clothes b/c I won't be buying anything new for a while. My ins. co. does not pay for the surgery if there is any dental involved and, of course, there is, so I have a $36,000.00 bill to pay over 8 months. I'll finish up just in time to think about buying Christmas presents. LOL
    Blessings,
    Mary

Dear Mary, welcome back! It's so good to "see" you again.

Thank you and God bless you for taking in TK and Gracie and taking such good care of them and for giving that last guy a peaceful and loving journey to the Bridge.

Best wishes and prayers that you don't need any more surgery and you recover comfortably, with the pain lessening and your physical activity increasing shortly.

Pat and cats

P.S., just today I came across one of my old "Law of Abundance" checks and thought of you, of course. And then, here you are again!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Glad you are back, and that's a true Pet Talker - the main focus of the post is the kitties, not you surgery! Glad you have your own pain under control at last, and we do hope that's the end of jaw surgery for you for a long, long, long time!
    I've Been Frosted

I've just been hanging around Pet Talk more in the past few weeks. I kept wondering where you were. Glad to get an update on you and the fur posse!

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

That's funny, Moesha, b/c I was thinking of you, too.

Just have to share this: I was in the garage and holding Tiger Kitty on my lap, just talking to him and he was looking at me intently as though he understood every word. I said "I never thought I'd see the day when I could hold you on my lap but here you are". Just then he reached up w/his paw and touched my face. It brought me to tears.
    Blessings,
    Mary

It brought me to tears too!!!

Glad to have you back. Glad you've been keeping busy.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

My goodness Tiger Kitty looks like my battle scarred old Terrance.
    It certainly is so great of you and all of our Pet Talkers to take in Animals who are hungry and lost in what could be a cruel world and help them.
    My Mickey Fluffy Tail says hello and sends his love to all of you.
    It gives us a good feeling that money cannot buy to help a fellow Creature of Our All Mighty Lord God above
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Congrats on your 2 new additions. I had read about Mr. T on facebook but I didn't know about Gracie. They sure found the best home with you and I know that now they'll get the care and love that they both deserve. I hope that you recover quickly from your surgery too. Please take care.

Good to see you posting Mary. I hope your surgeries are over and bless you for helping those kittys!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Glad to see you posting again, Mary. I love reading your posts on FB and all your shenanigans.

Feel better, girl. I'm recovering from shoulder surgery so I feel your pain.

Love and hugs from

Moosmom and all the critters from Ploss's Halfway House for Homeless Cats

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!