Thread: Changes to the Websites

Changes to the Websites

Hey folks, as you know, we work hard on the sites, and are always trying to make things better for visitors. We have been changing the previous pets' pages - now if you go to yesterday's Pet of the Day's archive page here or any previous pet from 2013, you will notice little arrows at the top of the page, so you can easily click to the previous or next day's pet. Same for Dog of the Day and Cat of the Day, of course! And if you go to the March archive page, you can hit the arrow to go back to February, etc.

We also changed the look of the "Previous Pets by Date" to include the image as well.

What do you think? We hope this will make navigating the back pages easier, so folks can just go from pet to pet to pet ... We are still planning to make the navigation easier from month to month. And of course you've already seen the recent featured pets' icons on the bottoms of the homepages.

Please let us know what you think, if you all like this, we will make the changes going back through time! Any ideas are also welcome!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    And if you go to the March archive page, you can hit the arrow to go back to February, etc.
    How do I find the March archive page?

If you are on the Cat of the Day homepage, his the button on the left side that says "Previous Cats" and once there you can chose "by date" for March to see what we mean!
    I've Been Frosted

Karen, thanks for the explanation. "By date" gives a lot of detailed info about each cat.

It used to give just the info with no picture, now we added the picture and changed the format. To see how is used to be see one from 2012 so you can compare!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, I like that!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I like it with the pictures, too, thanks!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Great idea. I really like it.