Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make me choose, you're gonna loose!

Make me choose, you're gonna loose!

Unbelievable!!

Dated this guy for a while. We broke up in January. Now he's texting me and wants to get back together. His condition, I give up Cali and Diego!!! Yes, you read that correctly - he wants me to give up my cats for HIM!

And my response to this - hit the road Jack, don't ya look back!

There is NO WAY in this world I'd give up my cats for ANYONE!!!!! See ya.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Exactly! Anyone who wants you to give up beloved pets is just NOT worth it!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Good for you, Gayle. Sounds like this guy has an overinflated ego - and that's just for starters. No man would be worth giving up my furkids for - and I do mean NONE & NEVER......
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

"Deal! As long as we get YOU neutered!" What an idiot!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Stick to your guns. From personal experience, these people who make such demands on you are controlling and insecure.
    There will always be something they want you to change about yourself to prove that you love them. But, they are so insecure that they never stop trying to make you prove it.

Like my Grandma used to say. "If you settle for what you've got, you deserve what you get."
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Clearly he is not an animal person, and that means not a good match anyhow! Not missing a thing Gayle. GOOD FOR YOU!

Let's see....

Idiot or cats...

Idiot or cats.....

Tough choice!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Yep, that would not even be worth considering for me. It would be like: don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. I can't help wonder if he thinks HE is made of gold or something to be worth giving up loving animals for????
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's not that I wouldn't give up my pets for someone, but rather the fact that if someone doesn't love or appreciate pets like I do then we just aren't compatible. Because my pets are so important to me... if they aren't important to my significant other, it would be a really rough relationship.

Jamie is IN LOVE with my boyfriend... and he does more stuff with her than I ever did!!!!! In fact, I came home and went to let her out of her crate... not there. She's his date at work today.

I think you made the right choice. Starting out a relationship (or a second chance at a relationship) with an ultimatum is NEVER a good sign, whether it involve pets or not.

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Let's see....

Idiot or cats...

Idiot or cats.....

Tough choice!
    'zactly.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Anyone who married into our family knew from the outset that the dog (whichever was at my folk's house at the time) was a member of the family, and there was no questioning that. Anyone who ever suggested otherwise didn't get very in a relationship with any of us!
    I've Been Frosted

Really?! What a grade-A, five-star, galactic class, platinum-plated JERK!!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

You made the right choice. I honestly cannot see myself giving up my pets for someone else.

I don't even know what to say to this. Give up your cats?!? The beautiful family members who stood by you at your lowest and highest points.....don't know you that well, but I'm thinking you're saying "NOT"!!!!

Thanks for the support everyone. Although I was pretty certain how that would turn out.

I am still appalled that he would even suggest such a thing. And no, he is not an animal person in the slightest. But he never truly expressed a problem with my cats, just their hair. Anyways I've not heard a peep from him since I told him "ABSOULTELY NOT" to his ridiculous suggestion that I rid myself of my cats to be with him. Thing is, now he's scuttled any attempts to "take it back" or to have any sort of relationship with me because now I don't trust him around my kitties. They are my world, they saw me thru the darkest of times, they are my true friends, family and furkids. No one messes with my kitties!!! So bye, bye dumb a$$. Not once did I have issues with his 2 skin children.

Sheesh, I sure pick the winners!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21