Thread: Diego to the Whitecoats this afternoon

Diego to the Whitecoats this afternoon

Diego has to attend the whitecoats this afternoon and provide a pee sample. This is his check up after his bladder stone surgery last year. Hopefully all comes back well. I think it should, he's not got any symptoms of having a problem. So if this trip and having his bladder expressed doesn't make him cranky enough, winter's come back with a vengence today so he's going to get a chill going from the truck to the vet's office and back. It was +13 oC yesterday. Today its now -11 oC and the windchill is -20 oC. All around Diego's not going to be a happy kitty after our "date" this afternoon.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Aww, prayers for a smooth visit and safe return!
    I've Been Frosted

I hope that everything goes smoothly and that the cold weather doesn't make him too upset. Good luck.

Here's hoping all goes well and you don't both freeze to death!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Good luck at the white coats, Diego! After a trip out in cold, you'll surely provide a pee sample - hopefully not before the vet visit. Hope all goes well!

How do you transport him?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    Diego has to attend the whitecoats this afternoon and provide a pee sample. This is his check up after his bladder stone surgery last year. Hopefully all comes back well. I think it should, he's not got any symptoms of having a problem. So if this trip and having his bladder expressed doesn't make him cranky enough, winter's come back with a vengence today so he's going to get a chill going from the truck to the vet's office and back. It was +13 oC yesterday. Today its now -11 oC and the windchill is -20 oC. All around Diego's not going to be a happy kitty after our "date" this afternoon.
    Awe, poor baby. Good Luck on the date.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/entry.ph...ife-after-love <---click
    Proverbs 12:10 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

Well, we're back. Diego has finally stopped growling. He's having a snack now. He growled all thru the vet visit but did provide a sample. We should know in the next day or two. Hopefully no crystals.

Randi, I transport him in a kennel, in the backseat of my SUV.
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

No Crystals!!

The vet just called, Diego has NO crystals!! Woo hoo! She says he needs to drink more water, he has 2 bowls and one fountain, don't know what more I can do short of holding him under the tap!

Hoooray!!!!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

This is wonderful news!!! I don't know how you can him get to drink more. Maybe when you feed him his canned food you can try mixing some water with it to add even more moisture. Good luck. I have a few cats who prefer to eat only dry food most of the time. Cats sure can be very picky and stubborn.

Yahoo! Great news!

Does he like to drink from the faucet? Maybe you could "teach" him. Then he'll be bugging you all the time for a "sink drink".

If you add some warm water to his wet food it might help - unless he's fussy and doesn't want his food changed.

Glad he is free and clear.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

You could also try giving him some chicken broth. Since both Alani & Blaze have very sensitive tummies, they can't tolerate canned food. I've tried several different varities and they all eventually give them a bad case of diarrhea. I now give them both some chicken broth every night to make sure that they're getting enough mositure in their diet. My vet said that this is fine to do long term. They prefer the store brand that is fat free. It's also lower in sodium than some brands too.