Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update on 17 year old Bartie...

Thanks Pat!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

So glad he's eating and must be feeling better! How much snow did you guys get? I know you, Donna, are NOT allowed to shovel for quite some time!
    I've Been Frosted

Yay, Bartie! I am sending more loads of love to you and your meowmy
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Karen,

I'll wait till the snow melts off my car since it's supposed to be in the 40's to 50's this weekend. We got a total about 12-18 inches (upper number in the higher elevations). I absolutely HATE being stuck home. I AM going to try and venture out (yes DRIVE) today (Dr. said no driving for 2 weeks and it'll be 2 weeks on the 13th). There's a pet food drive in Windsor for Friends of Windsor Animal Care and Control. I need a human to schmooze with!!!!

How much did you guys get???

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

I'm glad to hear that he's eating again. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Bartie is at Dr. Pennington's office for a second opinion. Dr. P got a urine sample out of him and said it sort of confirmed that he is in renal failure. His urine was WAAAY too clear (a bad sign). They also doing another blood work up. Tomorrow they're going to do an ultrasound which will confirm or rule out renal failure.

Since my last post he's peeing all over the place and the vomiting, also not a good sign. A friend offered me a cage to keep him in. I will NOT cage him. What kind of life would that be for him???

Please keep Bartie in your thoughts and prayers. The minute I find out anything, I will post it. You guys are the BEST!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Bartie is at Dr. Pennington's office for a second opinion. Dr. P got a urine sample out of him and said it sort of confirmed that he is in renal failure. His urine was WAAAY too clear (a bad sign). They also doing another blood work up. Tomorrow they're going to do an ultrasound which will confirm or rule out renal failure.

Since my last post he's peeing all over the place and the vomiting, also not a good sign. A friend offered me a cage to keep him in. I will NOT cage him. What kind of life would that be for him???

Please keep Bartie in your thoughts and prayers. The minute I find out anything, I will post it. You guys are the BEST!!!!
    I am so sorry. Keeping Bartie in my prayers.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/entry.ph...ife-after-love <---click
    Proverbs 12:10 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

Poor Bartie. Prayers going out. I hope it's something besides the renal failure that is making him so sick...but likely not. HUGS to you and Bartie. Please give him a kiss on his forehead for me.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

It sounds very much like renal failure, but PT Prayers are powerful and you know we are all praying for Bartie!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Prayers for Bartie.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Prayers for Bartie and for you, Donna.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Prayers for Bartie, and for you.
    I've Been Frosted

Bartie has liver cancer. He has a lot of small cancerous nodules throughout his liver. He was severely dehydrated. Doctor Pennington said that the end is near he just doesn't know how soon. He has lot of other underlying issues as well and he said that Bartie would require sub q fluids every other day for the rest of his life. The vet says there's really nothing more they can do for him. So I have made the gut wrenching decision to help him over to the Rainbow Bridge. I'm going back to the vet's office at 2:30 to spend a half an hour with him before doctor Pennington gives him the injecti. That would require himon.

My friend Nancy offered to give him the sub q fluids. But I just can't justify to Bartie why he's spending the rest of his days in a cage. It's not fair to him.

Oh, I am so sorry, Donna and Bartie. Loving thoughts to you both.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

You've made the right decision, as heartwrenching and difficult as it is, for Bartie. Sending you both lots of love and good thoughts.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21