Thread: New Glasses!

Hybrid View

New Glasses!

Whew, saw an eye doc for real last Friday, and just sat and ordered a new pair of glasses. I know there is an old thread on Pet Talk about Zenni Optical, but I found a couple years ago my prescription is such that I cannot order from them any more. But because of that thread, I learned about Goggles4U.com and just ordered from them - and the frames I happened to chose are free right now! They actually are having a sale so there are lots of choice for free frames, although that wasn't my criteria ... I though I should let the rest of you know about the sale!

And Goggles4U now has a virtual try-on feature, which is so completely helpful for me! They didn't used to have it but now they do, which is great!
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks for the info, Karen!
    I am actually heading to my eye-doc in the next couple of weeks, so maybe there will still be a sale!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I've referred others to the zenni optical sight because of that thread. I don't wear corrective eye wear (glasses or contacts), but since I've turned 40, I've been thinking about going to see if I may need reading glasses. Thanks for the new site to check out if I do get a prescription.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    I've referred others to the zenni optical sight because of that thread. I don't wear corrective eye wear (glasses or contacts), but since I've turned 40, I've been thinking about going to see if I may need reading glasses. Thanks for the new site to check out if I do get a prescription.
    If you do need reading glasses, then just get the strength from your optometrist and buy OTC ones and save yourself some money. When I had cataract surgery and no longer needed glasses, except for reading, even my ophthalmologist said to go this route, since buying from him (or any optical place) would be a whole lot more expensive!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

There are some very nice OTC readers out there. I think mail-order glasses are a good idea, if you can get the scrip and fit right.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    There are some very nice OTC readers out there.

Absolutely - and with the OTC you can buy several pair without breaking the bank! I don't feel guilty about buying new ones when I get tired of a pair I've had for a while, and I usually have about 4 pair at any one time - in the car, my purse, on my desk, and in the kitchen. Foster Grant has very up to date stylish ones and I recently bought a new pair at Walmart for $12.88 - the exact same pair at Walgreen's was $29 plus change. I've even picked up some discontinued Foster Grants at the dollar store for $5.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~