Thread: Phred's Birthday Today

Phred's Birthday Today

Greetings, PTers. Today would have been Phred's 69th birthday. So I'm inviting everyone to take a minute to send a prayer of thanks for a wonderful soul who is today entertaining our furry friends over the Rainbow Bridge. I know he was special to a number of you "old timers" and the Findlay Dog Park crew. I have been thankful, every time I reflect on my brother's life, that his final years were spent in the "arms" of such a wonderful group of friends. You all gave him much joy and purpose in those years and I know he did not feel alone. So let's honor his memory today by giving an extra pat and treat to our furry companions and remembering the life of a special man who selflessly reached out to help a furry creature in need of help. Thank you, Phred, for just being you.

Bibette's Mom and Phred's sister - Nancy

Happy Birthday, dear Phred! I think of you and smile every time I see a Fire Truck! I am sure our Rainbow Bridge dogs, cats and pets will make sur e you have a very special day
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I think of you often, Phred. You were one of a kind. Until we meet again. Love you, Johanna

Happy Birthday, Phred. Will give my kitties extra love for you today.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Phred, you were one special person and you are missed here. I believe you are celebrating your Birthday at the RB with John and the other Ptalkers who departed - and you got to meet Fister as well. Give him a tummy rub from me.

Happy Birthday, Phred!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Will do, we all think of him often!
    I've Been Frosted

Happy Birthday Phred!!! I'm sure you're celebrating with many furry friends up at the Bridge. You were such a huge part of PT and will always be missed here.

Happy Birthday Phred. I still like to read some of your old posts from years ago.

Isn't it something that one person could mean so much to so many of us here on Pet Talk. He left no stone unturned - he found out things about each of us and if needed reached out to help us.

I have a little something from him in every room. It wasn't intentional - it just turned out that way - like a food/treat dish for the kitties that is in the kitchen. It is hand made and the person he ordered it from didn't put who it was from. So I had fun tracking her down to ask who sent it and when I found out it was Phred, I called him. He loved the story.

All of us are so lucky to have known him, met him and talked to him. He sure is missed on Pet Talk.

But he is probably busy non-stop getting attention from all of our pets that we sent to the Rainbow Bridge with a request that they track down Phred.

Happy Birthday Phred, I have no doubt you are surrounded by all our departed fur babies.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

oh you know Phred brought as much joy and fun to this site ,he was always there with a comment or two ,and his sense of humour was lovely, i miss him a great deal, thank you for posting this, a hard day for you all , but we shall remember him with love ,HAPPY BIRTHDAY dearest PHRED.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Phred, you were one special person and you are missed here. I believe you are celebrating your Birthday at the RB with John and the other Ptalkers who departed - and you got to meet Fister as well. Give him a tummy rub from me.

Happy Birthday, Phred!
    Dear RAndi - Thank you so much for your thoughts. I was sorry to learn of Fister's passing - I hadn't been on the site for a while and scrolling through what I missed, I learned of your loss. I know that Phred and the PrayerPups would have been right there, letting you know they cared. It's wonderful to know that Phred has now met the Fister. Take care of yourself.

And to all who have responded, thank you. You have helped me know a side of Phred that I had missed out on.

Here's one to Phred.

Love to all, Bibette's Mom

I dare say that Phred was the most popular PTalker of all times. His posts were some of the first I came across and I thought... what on Earth is he talking about! But I soon got used to his writing and so enjoyed it! He was so funny, but also level headed, serious and very helpful. I still have his e-mails and his long explanation of what kind of fire extinguiser I have and how to use it. I would have loved to meet him, but at least I got to talk to him on the phone a few times.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.