Thread: in the path

in the path

Well, after dodging two bullets (the last two snowstorms), the Pittsburgh area is in the path of the newest, I think it's name is Saturn. It's predicted we could get maybe 6" or more tuesday night into wednesday. It will start out as rain then turn to snow. Boy, I'm SO glad I'm out of the snow shoveling business!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Same here Wednesday ~~~ 4" - 8". Why couldn't it snow when I wanted it to? I don't want it now, and I'm ready for Spring to get here. Time changes this weekend - woo-hoo!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

They have been changing their mind seemingly every ten minutes as to what the storm will bring to who as it heads east - whether we'll get snow, or rain, or how much is different every place one turns! I still have snowbanks in the front from previous storms, although the back yard is about 50/50 snow and clear ground! We had snow last night that didn't accumulate, as we did on Sunday ... air snow. We'll see what happens with this storm!
    I've Been Frosted

The forecast for Chicago area is 6 to 10 inches starting between 4 and 6 AM. I thought last week's snow might be the end; I was wrong. I noticed the days are getting longer, though - it's staying light out past 5:30
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

What's buggering up the forecast for the East is the large low over the Canadian Maritimes which cannot seem to make up its mind whether or not to vamoose.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Yeah, they're expecting 2-4 inches total. That usually means that the higher elevations get the snow, we get MAYBE a dusting and some rain. Doesn't matter to me, I'm stuck home recuperating from shoulder surgery and not going anywhere.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Our forecast has drastically changed in MD. I wasn't sure we were even going to notice - now they're talking all kinds of different totals - 6" - 16". Who knows? I still have dinner plans tomorrow night with a girlfriend and I refuse to cancel until I have proof!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Our forecast has drastically changed in MD. I wasn't sure we were even going to notice - now they're talking all kinds of different totals - 6" - 16". Who knows? I still have dinner plans tomorrow night with a girlfriend and I refuse to cancel until I have proof!
    It's raining here, but I saw on the news just a few minutes ago where it's snowing it's a$$ off in Towson! We won't get any snow unless it turns colder later, which looks kinda iffy right now,
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Here in Butler, we have about 5" of wet gloppy snow everywhere. The driving is terrible at best, but outside there's a winter wonderland. It's at times like this that I'm glad I don't have to drive in this mess!

We were supposed to have snow all night here in NE Ohio. I woke up to flurries.
    I was so looking forward to a bit more snow before spring.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

So far, the roads are only wet, it's been snowing all day, but only have maybe an inch, tops. We'll see if we get more overnight ... But so far, no big deal.
    I've Been Frosted

We got nothing but rain yesterday - not even a single snowflake! However, the wind was wicked - 60 mph wind gusts and lots of small dead limbs blown off the trees again. It has been a never ending job since last October, gathering all the downed branches. We're going to have one heck of a bonfire if it ever dries out enough.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Snowed all night and is still snowing, and finally it started accumulating - we now have maybe 6-8 inches pout there (hard to tell) and it is still falling! Glad we're seeing some actually snow after the last couple storms that were so lackluster!
    I've Been Frosted