Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make me choose, you're gonna loose!

No need to wonder where my support lies-- I was stunned when I read this jerk wanted you to give up your cats for him. No way would I EVER give up any pet for anyone . People also know that they're more than welcome in our house BUT this is my dog's home also, my dogs get first dibs no matter who the guests are as long as they are behaving .
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

I actually just laughed when I read what he said to you. Really? As others said, he obviously doesn't know YOU.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Geez, yeah definitely don't waste your time on that. I told my hubby long ago that if he asked me to choose him or the dogs I'd choose the dogs....not because I love the dogs more than him but because if he loved me he'd know that getting rid of the dogs is not something I could ever do, and something no one that loved me would try to make me do. That would be like making me choose between being myself and not being myself, having the dogs is a part of who I am. Needless to say he has not and never will make me choose (and no he never said he was going to make me choose or anything like that I just warned him ahead of time to not try because he would lose lol- and I love him dearly).

I agree with Jessika. I couldn't be in a relationship with someone who didn't get that I am a package deal or didn't like my dogs. That is a part of you, as a pet lover, and if they can't see that, they don't really love you. My ex seemed to get it, but it still didn't work out.

ANYWAY, I am glad you said NO to this jerk!! He sounds extremely controlling. Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    Thing is, now he's scuttled any attempts to "take it back" or to have any sort of relationship with me because now I don't trust him around my kitties.
    Take that very seriously after some of the stuff I've read online that people do to a boy/girl friends pets to get rid of them.

My furkids come first. Might never have a man again, so be it. He'd have to prove himself to be a true animal lover!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

People who say "your animals or me" are just creeps.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I would never give up my cats for anyone. If I was dating someone, one of my first questions would be do you like cats? I wouldn't want to waste my time with someone who didn't.

I think the first conversation I had with my husband was if he liked animals. His response was that he liked dogs and horses. He now has dogs and cats and guinea pigs and at one time, a raccoon. He has loved them all. We met online and had his answer to my first question to him been that he didn't like animals, the relationship would have ended way before it began. My animals have always been my first priority. Always. I have never been in a relationship with anyone who didn't like animals.
    RIP: Misty - Pomeranian
    Pearl - French Bulldog

Dixie - Pug

Lola - Pit/Boxer Mix

Sugar - Cane Corso

Veera,Festus, BigMac - cats
    Zeus, Bubbles, Kruzer, Hatter - guinea pigs

So, I'm dealing with a sort of related issue.

I have 13 pets -- plus fish. As I meet men, or read about them online, I start to wonder about the ones who have dogs and cats - especially the guy who had a total of 4. Really? Am I going to pursue this relationship, see how it goes, with the possibility that we may have to blend into one household with 17 pets? Yes I DID have 15 pets for over 2 years, it was chaos. It was MY chaos and I was very VERY fortunate everyone got along.

At this point in time, do I have to look for a guy who loves animals and doesn't have any pets?? I get a headache thinking bout it!

Sorry Gayle, probably doesn't belong in your thread, but you seem comfortable with how you handled the issue you had.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    So, I'm dealing with a sort of related issue.

I have 13 pets -- plus fish. As I meet men, or read about them online, I start to wonder about the ones who have dogs and cats - especially the guy who had a total of 4. Really? Am I going to pursue this relationship, see how it goes, with the possibility that we may have to blend into one household with 17 pets? Yes I DID have 15 pets for over 2 years, it was chaos. It was MY chaos and I was very VERY fortunate everyone got along.

At this point in time, do I have to look for a guy who loves animals and doesn't have any pets?? I get a headache thinking bout it!

Sorry Gayle, probably doesn't belong in your thread, but you seem comfortable with how you handled the issue you had.
    I was lucky and my hubby loves animals but didn't have any when I met him. Of course at one time we have had upwards of your numbers, Freedom. Currently we are down to 5 dogs, 1 cat (mothers), and 3 guinea pigs in the house...
    RIP: Misty - Pomeranian
    Pearl - French Bulldog

Dixie - Pug

Lola - Pit/Boxer Mix

Sugar - Cane Corso

Veera,Festus, BigMac - cats
    Zeus, Bubbles, Kruzer, Hatter - guinea pigs

To give a little more detail as to why this was such a surprise. He knew I had cats at the start. I knew he didn't like the hair so I had lots of lint rollers. I also advised early on that if he made me choose my cats would win every time. He pet them. He bought them toys for Christmas. I thought things were pretty good. Then we broke up, then came the shocking request.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

This thread makes me think of Paul's first encounter with my family ... as soon as he sat on the living room couch, Gracie (3/4 Great Dane) joyfully covered his face with kisses, which he endured patiently, until I told her to stop just to give him a break! She then proceeded to LEAN on him, which turned into the very first thread ever on Pet Talk many years later!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    This thread makes me think of Paul's first encounter with my family ... as soon as he sat on the living room couch, Gracie (3/4 Great Dane) joyfully covered his face with kisses, which he endured patiently, until I told her to stop just to give him a break! She then proceeded to LEAN on him, which turned into the very first thread ever on Pet Talk many years later!
    That is a sweet story!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

If he's that demanding after dating only a few months, imagine what he would be like as a partner. Of course you made the right choice. How could he expect that you would give up your furkids? Ridiculous!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11