Thread: Music for dogs

Music for dogs

Hi,

I'm Kate, my little Keny has been quite stressed lately and i'm looking for ideas to relax him. I've heard about music especially made for dogs, what do you think about it? Have you ever tried ? Does it work ? Any other relaxing ideas?

Thank you

Do you know what has been causing his stress? I do know some people leave classical music playing for their dogs when they are away ...
    I've Been Frosted

he has been very stressed since our neighbors moved in 6 months ago with their all day long barking companion…! Thanks for the ideas of classical music but it never helped Keny, and actually some pieces of symphonic music happen to even stress him more. I'll keep looking for music especially made for dogs and still have an eye on your comments as well for other ideas

Hi,

I've been reading this forum for 5 months and enjoy the posts and knowledge sharing very much!
    I've tried many things and stuff to appease Lolita. I adopted her when she was about 2, she used to fight with other dogs from the shelter all the time. She's never been mean to me but i found out that fighting was her way to communicate with other dogs. There are many dogs in my family and my sister didn't want to come over anymore because of Lolita. Nothing would calm her (i even took her to dog psychiatrist…). 
    Last X-mas, my wonderful sister offered me a gift voucher from music4dogs.com, including 2 albums ("relaxation" and "a beautiful week with my dog"). To say the truth, I was quite skeptical since I had already tried classical music with Lolita and it hadn't been helpful… i tried as a last chance to help Loli, and unbelievable but true: IT WORKED OUT !!! 
    So Kate, one website for Keny : www.music4dogs.com
    Cheers to everybody

Thanks for your answers and ideas, i'll think about all of them but being very fond of music, I looked up websites of music for dogs first. http://www.music4dogs.com/ happens to be the most interesting. It only offers 2 albums but they are made with original songs especially designed for dogs. I bought the album "relaxation" and just tried it with Keny, it seems to soothe him and besides the music is really nice to listen to we had a lovely relaxing moment together (I felt relaxed myself too!) I'll try to find a moment everyday to listen to those tracks and i'll keep you updated

Quote Originally Posted by Kate.val View Post
    Thanks for your answers and ideas, i'll think about all of them but being very fond of music, I looked up websites of music for dogs first. http://www.music4dogs.com/ happens to be the most interesting. It only offers 2 albums but they are made with original songs especially designed for dogs. I bought the album "relaxation" and just tried it with Keny, it seems to soothe him and besides the music is really nice to listen to we had a lovely relaxing moment together (I felt relaxed myself too!) I'll try to find a moment everyday to listen to those tracks and i'll keep you updated
    Maybe you can give a copy to the "always barking" neighbor dog, too!
    I've Been Frosted

Music for dogs

Yes, its good idea to play with dogs with to turn on music also. Thanks for suggestion.

Thank you