Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cassie's health

Whew! I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get her back to the ER vet and that she's now under a treatment plan. I hope that she'll start feeling better soon. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Now hopefully you'll both be able to sleep much better tonight. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I am glad you got her back in and hope she is better soon.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I'm praying that Cassie will feel better soon!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Get better Cassie.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

WHEW! Glad she's got some treatment - her drinking a lot of water sounds great!

More prayers for continued healing and that Cassie - and her mom - both feel 100% soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh, this sounds promising! So glad you got her back in and got to see a different doctor, and you came up with a treatment plan.

Continuing prayers and good wishes and healing energies for Cassie and you, Elyse.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I guess I need to come here more often. Elyse I didn't know Cassie was sick until I saw your post on FB. So sad to hear of this. Hopefully she gets better and is around for many years to come.

Elyse, the doctor makes the difference too. Cats need dental care, some more than others. My Orangies, Sam and Bob, need it a lot. Sam once had an allergic reaction to his infection. I have to be careful with them. Spunky has had no issues with his teeth. Emily either.

Hope the cleaning helps. Filtering the water might help too.

So glad she is feeling better.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Sending pawsitive thoughts to Cassie and her "staff"........
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

So far today, since we got home from the vet at 2:30 PM, she has eaten one whole can of Fancy Feast and 1 1/2 tablespoons of baby meat turkey puree. The vet told me she might not eat well for a couple of days, and to offer her a variety of foods. She was in a circle of kitty in one of her hiding spots, so I slid the dish of baby meat right under there and she ate it down. So I am okay for now with how she is doing. She looks better.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

This is wonderful news. I hope that she continues to do well.

I just read this whole thread and the last post is sure encouraging. I am sorry that you both have to go through this - but it sounds as though she is getting better by the minute.

I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Good morning, PT! It is 4:45 AM and Cassie just came to tell me it is time for the first part of breakfast. (I wasn't sleeping... I have not slept very well all night.) She purred and gave me some head bumpies, and in general looks better. She ate all of the wet food I gave her after the baby meat puree last night, so I gave her more of that. She also drank some water while I was in the kitchen getting her breakfast ready - I heard her "lap, lap, lap, swallow" pattern. I wish I could work from home but that is not an option. If winter storm "Saturn" socks us overnight I might be home with her tomorrow. I can't stay home from work on a Monday. I might ask my neighbor to peek in on her around the noon hour. He is already on alert that I might need him to help me give her the fluids. I talked with Sandie (Freedom) about giving her the fluids and she gave me loads of very useful instructions and suggestions. So we will do that this evening, when I get home from work. I'm just going to keep an eye and ear on her till I leave for work at 8.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Prayers that Cassie stays on the road to improvement.

I'm so glad that you took her back to the vet yesterday, rather than waiting till today. Not only was it needed for her, but for your peace of mind too, Elyse. It's sad and frightening to see our fur kids sick, and not know what the problem is. If only they could talk.........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Sending my best thoughts for Cassie- I am glad that for now the crisis seems to be over. I remember from Filou that dental work can be done with very low anesthesia, so even if she is very thin they should be able to do it.