Thread: Dumb & Dumber steal some puppies...

Dumb & Dumber steal some puppies...

Dognapped Chihuahuas Mistaken for Pit Bulls
    12/09/2002

IRVINE, Calif. (Reuters) - They thought they had stolen vicious pit bulls but instead they wound up with purse-sized Chihuahuas known for their timidity.

Mehrad Sepanjasa, 19, Ariyo MacKay, 18, and Kamyar Katouzian, 24, were arrested on Wednesday for allegedly stealing the puppies from an animal shelter in this Southern California city a couple of days earlier.

The men were caught after bringing the dogs, which had ID microchips implanted under their skin, to an animal clinic in a PetSmart pet supply store for an examination and vaccinations.

Lisa Morgenthaler, the store's director, said she recognized the puppies and the suspects from their descriptions on a flyer she received from the animal shelter.

The store manager said she sensed that the pups were victims of a severe case of mistaken identity. "They asked me, 'What is this?'" Morgenthaler said. "I told them it looked like a Chihuahua mix. They said, 'No way, it's a pit bull.' They didn't believe me. They wanted to ask the veterinarian."

When the men brought the puppies back to the clinic for an exam and shots two days later, Morgenthaler was prepared.

"We said we were going to take them into the back to cut their nails and take their temperatures, and we called the police," she said. "It was pretty scary."

During the examination, the men repeatedly asked the veterinary staff what breed the puppies were, and again insisted that they were not of the diminutive Mexican breed.

"They were pretty perturbed that the puppies they stole were not pit bulls," Morgenthaler said. "They thought they were stealing pit bulls. These guys are idiots."
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Does anyone else find it weird that people who steal puppies take them to the vet? We had some pit puppies stolen at the shelter I used to work at and we never could track them down. I'm sure the people did not take them to any vet.. not cause they were afraid of getting caught but because they just don't care. We did track down our adult pit that was stolen.. THREE MONTHS after she turned up missing.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

um chihuahuas are anything but timid!!!!!
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol