Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Karen or Paul ~ Why?

To Karen or Paul ~ Why?

Hey! Me in all of my curiosity was wondering why you decided to do a site like this?

I'm not complaining at all! Just curious where the site and message board got its roots.

I love this site and it's members. The information here is invaluable.

Thanks Bunches Karen and Paul.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Yes thank you both, this site is absolutely the best forum ever!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Amen to that!! Karen and Paul you have hooked alot of people up who didn't know each other before and have developed strong bonds. It's friendships like that that last a lifetime. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

We originally just had the Pet of the Day site, then a year later branched off to do Dog of the Day and Cat of the Day. Paul has had experience running message boards before, and I using them, and people would email us to comment on the day's pets, so a Pet Talk board seemed the natural next step!

We're glad you like it!

it would be great to know how this site came about? we all love it so!!!

YES, THANKS A LOT!!! I've made some wonderful friends that I would never have known if it wasn't for you and this site!!! This will always be HOME!

The question should be.... WHY NOT!!
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

Thanx Karen and Paul! I love this board. I can't beleave how many people are members, of course this is the best board out there . But most other boards are small and only have like 100 people tops! You definitly have made it to the top!

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Yes, many thanks. I enjoy it very much.

yes, I have to admit that everytime I want to sit down for a few minutes, taking a break from housework or whatever, I find myself clicking on the pettalk icon, and then sometimes staying signed on longer than I intended! sometimes when I sit here to look up something else, I automatically click on it then think oops thats not what I meant to do!

like right now, I am housecleaning(on a friday night!!no life lol)
    because someone is coming to view the house tomorrow, and I am going out to look for a new house, going to decide on one tomorrow!
    pettalk is so nice to relax and read the posts.
    Faith in God

This place is really cool!! I hate it how on some message boards the managers don't even post unless it's like an emergency. When I came on here I never thought I'd know the moderators as well as I do!! Thanks Karen and Paul, now people from all over the world can talk about their pets, holidays, and other things!! I have learned so much about different countries and states and of course have seen soo many furkids!!! Thanks again!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

I like that it's a place for all pets, not just dogs or cats or a specific breed I love ALL animals even tho I only have a dog.
    Hey do houseplants qualify as 'pets' ?
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

Originally posted by Lalania
    ...Hey do houseplants qualify as 'pets' ?...
    I hope not. The SPCHP would be after me for sure. (Doom-doom- doom-doom... The Thumb of Death strikes again! Doom-doom)

You know, I've never asked why K&P created Pet Talk. I'm just thrilled that they did.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

We created Pet of the Day back in 1997 because we were both computer professionals, so were up on the Internet, and wanted to create a site that people would like to visit every day. We are both, obviously, "pet people" (in the first apartment we lived in once we were married, we had a painted turtle, a Siberian Dwarf hamster, a baby snapping turtle, as well as inummerable fish - in a "no pets" apartment). We thought of Pet of the Day, decided to try it - and knew it might work, because a few people nominated their pets even before the page existed!

And the rest, well, is history!

And to see even more "why" see here!

Yes, many thanks! When did it first open??

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)