Thread: Opinions and updates

Opinions and updates

We updated the Poll on the homepage today, and hope to do so more regularly, so could use everyone's suggestions.

We also made changes on the homepage - did anyone notice? We are using larger icons for today's other pets (dog and cat on the pet homepages, etc.) and have included an icon about those for "see Yesterday's ..."

What does everyone think?

Any feedback, please?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    We updated the Poll on the homepage today, and hope to do so more regularly, so could use everyone's suggestions.

We also made changes on the homepage - did anyone notice? We are using larger icons for today's other pets (dog and cat on the pet homepages, etc.) and have included an icon about those for "see Yesterday's ..."

What does everyone think?

Any feedback, please?
    I hate to appear stupid, but where is this Poll you mentioned above? And this new icon - where???

The fonts might be larger - I have nothing to compare them with. But larger is always better for those of us that are older

Does "larger icon" mean larger picture? They look good.
    The left side is a good location for yesterday's winners.
    No problem with the poll question location. I have limited ingenuity when it comes poll questions.

Yes, Grace, below the buttons on the left side of the page, there are icons for the "others" - meaning on today's Pet of the Day homepage, if you look, you'd usually see little photo for Today's Cat and Today's Dog, and below that is the block containing the Poll!

The change is now the icons (little pictures) are bigger, and before the ones for Today's Cat of the Day and Today's Dog of the Day, if you look at the homepage now, there's a little icon/picture and link for yesterday's Pet of the Day.

Does that help?
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Since the changes weren't anything drastic, I probably wouldn't have noticed, except for the new "yesterday's" feature - and the new poll of course. That other poll had been up forever, it seems!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I do like the yesterday's pet feature, and the icons do seem clearer. I saw the poll, but I'll take a look at it in a little bit. Thanks!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Yes, Grace, below the buttons on the left side of the page, there are icons for the "others" - meaning on today's Pet of the Day homepage, if you look, you'd usually see little photo for Today's Cat and Today's Dog, and below that is the block containing the Poll!

The change is now the icons (little pictures) are bigger, and before the ones for Today's Cat of the Day and Today's Dog of the Day, if you look at the homepage now, there's a little icon/picture and link for yesterday's Pet of the Day.

Does that help?
    I finally found the Yesterdays pets - took me long enough. I have no idea where the Poll is - could someone give me detailed instructions on how to find it?

Oops - I think I found it - in the Other section, 4th section down? Even though I have posted in one or two, I wasn't aware it was a separate section

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    I finally found the Yesterdays pets - took me long enough. I have no idea where the Poll is - could someone give me detailed instructions on how to find it?

Oops - I think I found it - in the Other section, 4th section down? Even though I have posted in one or two, I wasn't aware it was a separate section
    We have the poll on the Dog of the Day, Cat of the Day, and Pet of the Day homepages, not here on the forum. The Poll section you found on the forum is for discussion, the poll itself is on the homepages. So click to http://DogoftheDay.com and once you are there, on the left side of the page you will see a row of 8 buttons starting with "Nominate your Pet" - under that, you will now see icons for Yesterday's Dog, then Today's Cat of the Day and Pet of the Day. Below those, you will see the poll, where you can read and vote!
    I've Been Frosted

We have the poll on the Dog of the Day, Cat of the Day, and Pet of the Day homepages, not here on the forum. The Poll section you found on the forum is for discussion, the poll itself is on the homepages. So click to http://DogoftheDay.com and once you are there, on the left side of the page you will see a row of 8 buttons starting with "Nominate your Pet" - under that, you will now see icons for Yesterday's Dog, then Today's Cat of the Day and Pet of the Day. Below those, you will see the poll, where you can read and vote!
    Got it!!

Thanks, Karen

As to the new "Yesterday's..." link - I think it changes the balance of the three "Today's" that have been around for many years. While I really like the pics at the bottom of the page, with those pics at the bottom I think the "Yesterday's" is a bit redundant.

Maybe get rid of "Yesterday's" and put a "Recent..." label at the bottom to make it clear what those icons are for? Or possibly put the "Yesterday's..." icon below the other two "Today's" icons (so that all of Today's animals are more grouped together)?

Of course I've been visiting the site for years and years, so I'm extremely familiar (and maybe mentally stuck? ) with how the layout has been for awhile. New people may find the new layout more useful.

Also, I'm very glad there's a new poll!
    "On the web, nobody knows you're a pet!"

Anyone else, what do you think? We also put the "Today's Pet of the Day" icon and link on any archive pages ... so you can more easily get to the homepage from any of them ...
    I've Been Frosted

All is fine

I like the new changes. Keep them the way there are, Karen. Thanks for taking care of us!