Thread: Barney

Barney

Hey Barney, you and your person seem like a great team. I am convinced by my own experiences and you guys are also a testament to the notion that LOVE can accomplish great things. What it has done for you two is amazing and wonderful. To Barney's person: Whenever I see a dog that's in need of a home and a family, I think they have the same potential that Barney has shown. I have three rescues that turned-out tremendously well and they all get along like the loving family they are. I am very thankful when a dog like Barney gets a new lease on life in the form of a good home and loving family. Love can surely conquer some of the most formidable foes. Back to Barney: Congratulations of being our very worthy Dog Of The Day. Me and mine wish for you and yours a long and happy life together. I'm very glad that your person is cancer free, so you keep up your nursing and rehabilation duties and keep that cancer chased out of there. Cheers.
    Our pets reflect our outlooks and attitudes.

You're adorable Barney! Thank goodness you were rescued into the right home with someone who knew how to train you!
    The picture with your reflection in the water is fabulous! Congrats on being DOTD! Have fun Barney!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Hello Barney, I have tears in my eyes after reading about the accomplishments of you and your human. How fortunate for both of you that you ended up together. It's just amazing how patience, caring, time, and love can help us all--dogs and people. You are a beautiful dog and your human takes great photos and I enjoyed every one of them. I hope you two have many more years together and that your human stays cancer free. You two are meant to help each other. Congrats on being DOTD!

This is really an amazing story. I also had tears in my eyes while I read it. This was definitely a match made in heaven.

Congrats on being Dog of the Day Barney!! And congrats to your person for beating cancer and being such a wonderful person.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Hi Barney, I'm glad you two found each other. Sounds like fate to me!! happy well deserving DOTD!!!
    Adopt a shelter pet, Save a life!

What a heartwarming story. A very lucky Border Collie and an even luckier human .

Barney you are a handsome boy.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Barney

Barney you are such a handsome fellow and I'm so glad you found your forever loving home. I'm sure you will never have to worry about being homeless again. The photos of you are just wonderful, love them. Congratulations dear Barney for being our special dog of the day.
    Jackie

Beautiful Barney!

Oh Barney, beautiful boy! I can't tell you how moved I was by your amazing story. I had tears in my eyes, looking at your breathtakingly beautiful photos, seeing the joy on your face, knowing how far you've come from where you were. As jspence has said, the daunting challenges you and your human have managed to overcome, together, as a team, is testament to the healing power of unconditional love and unwavering devotion, to the unbreakable bond you share.

When things looked most bleak for you, in your darkest hour, your human stepped in to rescue you, issues and all, committing her/himself to doing all that was necessary to heal your wounded spirit. And in her darkest hour, in her time of need, there you were, comforting and consoling her with your quiet love and devotion, inspiring her with your own amazing "comback" story! I have a feeling that together there is nothing you two can't overcome, no challenge you can't meet! You're both heroes in my book, and the courage and determination you both have shown, an inspiration to us all! We hear it here on Pet Talk all the time, pet parents telling us how their adopted furkids ended up rescuing them as much as they did their companions and so it was with you and your human!

You truly are an angel, Barney, heaven sent, and your person so very blessed to have you in her life, and you, her! You're a team, true soul mates, and I hope for you both many, many more wonderful years together, and healthy ones!!! Enjoy your big day in the spotlight, sweetheart, celebrating with your wonderful human, being treated to all your heart desires!
    Much love, hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Barney, our very special and most deserving Dog of the Day...Dog of a Lifetime!

P.S...To Barney's human...I hope this finds you well! Thank you so much for sharing your story, your beautiful boy and all of those amazing photos with us! You are one incredibly talented photographer, and Barney the most amazing doggie model! I still wonder how he managed some of those poses! You two were meant to be as one, no doubt about it!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Barney

I love to see each and every dog of the day. Today I felt compelled to comment because it impressed on me so much the truth of how much dogs (animals!) give to us, and how much this guy has helped his owner, whose family had it in their heart to take him in when nobody else would. The dog has probably been such a support in fighting with cancer, where no person may have been able to provide just that kind of comfort that a dog can. Bless you, and bless your dog. And the photographs are so pretty! Thank you for sharing this. I hope you are feeling well now!

Quote Originally Posted by jspence View Post
    Hey Barney, you and your person seem like a great team. I am convinced by my own experiences and you guys are also a testament to the notion that LOVE can accomplish great things. What it has done for you two is amazing and wonderful. To Barney's person: Whenever I see a dog that's in need of a home and a family, I think they have the same potential that Barney has shown. I have three rescues that turned-out tremendously well and they all get along like the loving family they are. I am very thankful when a dog like Barney gets a new lease on life in the form of a good home and loving family. Love can surely conquer some of the most formidable foes. Back to Barney: Congratulations of being our very worthy Dog Of The Day. Me and mine wish for you and yours a long and happy life together. I'm very glad that your person is cancer free, so you keep up your nursing and rehabilation duties and keep that cancer chased out of there. Cheers.
    "Here Here!"

Hello Barney,

I am so pleased to meet you & read your story today. What a transformation you have been through
    and how happy to see you realize your potiential. You certainly look like a happy boy jumping over the
    fence and in all of your pictures. Congrats on being chosen DOG OF THE DAY. Wishing
    you & your human a long happy & healthy life together. Hugs & kisses to you sweet boy.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Hello Barney,

I am so pleased to meet you & read your story today. What a transformation you have been through
    and how happy to see you realize your potiential. You certainly look like a happy boy jumping over the
    fence and in all of your pictures. Congrats on being chosen DOG OF THE DAY. Wishing
    you & your human a long happy & healthy life together. Hugs & kisses to you sweet boy.
    What lizbud said! Barney, your person helped you channel all your Border Collie energy and intelligence and gain all your skills! And you helped your person get through a very long course of treatment and recuperation. You are perfect together! Sending you more hugs, kisses and wishes for you and your person to have a long, healthy and happy life together
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

We are their Mission... they are our Heartshine...

Truely a wonderful story.

Two spirits meant for each other.

Glorious photos and a heart-warming and joyous future.

Blessings !
    Love is more than proximity.... its part of the fabric of our souls... We are their Mission.

Freebie Digital Graphics http://snowdropslighthouse.blogspot.com/