Thread: Photos from Nemo, Blizzard of 2013 photo heavy

Hybrid View

Photos from Nemo, Blizzard of 2013 photo heavy

Here are pics I took during our big snow storm!

Feb 8 the snow started about 1 in the afternoon. I -- and lots of other folks! - spent the morning doing errands. By evening this is what it looked like from inside my garage:

By bedtime (about 10 PM) we had white out conditions - same view:

From the other corner of my garage:

Next morning, fluffs had to go out the back door:

The way the wind blows, my back yard remains down to the grass near the house, with this huge drift further out in the back yard:

You really can't see the school back there

Lots more photos to come!
    Last edited by Freedom; 02-24-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Back yard, looking to the shed -- and the bird feeder

Eventually I had to start snow blowing to clear the driveway:

My house, from the street

This tree in the front yard is outlined in snow; the ones in the back -- due to the way the wind was -- have no snow on them.

See the tree behind the garage?

Making progress -- in all, took me an hour and a half to clear my small driveway and front walk! Oh, and notice, I had to use a ladder to hold my garage door open! I have an electric door opener; as the power was out, I had to manually lift the door and it refused to remain UP, hence the ladder.

Plenty more pics to come!

For a long time, we just had one set of tire tracks down the middle of our street. So my driveway, once clear, was an enclosed (read SAFE) play area for the pups, so I let them out off leash. This is a huge treat for them as normally they are never allowed in the front free!
    Tasha

I gave up and did not clear my front door that first time out; I was tired!

Front yard

Mailbox

Easy to lose fluffs in all the white stuff!

Here, you can see what I mean about them not being able to leave

Fire hydrant - this time, I let me next door neighbor dig it out -- on MONDAY! View looking up the street

View looking down the street

On Sunday afternoon, we had a huge snow plow come down the middle of the road and make ONE path -- for emergency access. Our street did not get plowed out until Monday morning.

Stand by, I still have photos lol

My next door neighbor - UP the street - our prevailing wind is UP the street here, so he gets all the snow which should have been mine, ha haaa.

Because my house is set back, I do NOT get all the snow from the neighbor on the other side, his house blocks much of it.

Window by the side of the driveway:

My Rose of Sharon was blown down by the wind, then buried in the snow. I won't know how it faired for a few more weeks.

Now for the back yard:

See how the wind curves around my house and out, making the drift

I only had to clear a small area

Back window on garage

Just a few pics left

The snow started on Friday, the afternoon, and ended on Saturday, the afternoon. We got about 18 inches. My power was out for 22 hours, from 6 PM on Friday to 4 PM on Saturday (roughly). The house temp was 52 degrees, and Lacey was shivering even with her coat on. We - the dogs and cats and I - kept piling into bed to get warm. The box on the outside of my house, for my Verizon FIOS, was zapped by a power surge, so I had no phone, no internet and no TV for 6 days. By then, most of the snow had melted! This was sunset on Saturday:

Thanks for looking!

Great pictures, they do a good job capturing the drifting effect. People would ask me "How much snow did you get total?" And I would say "Honestly, no idea! Because of the wind, for the first time ever I had more snow UNDER my car than on top, but the shorter cars on either side of me were buried!
    I've Been Frosted