Thread: Luna update

Luna update

Hey Pettalk,

I haven't posted in a while but I've been lurking :-) ..

I just thought I'd give you all an update on Luna,

She is doing very well.. She receives laser treatments on her elbows frequently, for her elbow dysplacia. She did have a surgery on her left elbow a few months back and she is recovering really nicely (she had fragment coronoid process). She goes for short brisk walks twice a day (too much exercise can be bad for her joints) .. We limit her time at Dog parks now because of all the rough play there. We feed her Canadian Naturals, it seems to be a good suit for her growth rate. But we are advid food switchers lol.. I can never find a kibble I'm truly happy with... She's also on a regular diet of raw bones , bison, elk, and beef.

She is a really happy girl, and a huge snuggle bug, she will literally lay right on top of any human willing to let her snuggle... She's received her level 1 and 2 obedience now, and we are eventually hoping to receive her RALLYO title.. I'd LOVE that..
    She isn't spayed yet, as we have chosen to leave her In-tact to help aide her growth to her full potential WITH hormones, because she already has joint problems I don't want to make it worse.

She has grown ALOT in one short year.... She is now 108 lbs.. This time last year she was 14 lbs LOL>
    She loves swimming, she swims in the lake, in any stream, in the pool, and unfortunately in the POND... She is also hilarious when we put on the sprinkler, she jumps through it..

Picture time?

The first two are just last week.... the last two are from this time last year :-) notice the SIZE difference LOL
    Enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21112_10152250074660400_1118211247_n.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	56492   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	578674_10152204698090400_431534581_n.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	56493   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1067.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	822.0 KB 
ID:	56494   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5879.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	512.1 KB 
ID:	56495  
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Awww! Classic Saint Bernard, wanting to lay on top of any available human - which serves well when rescuing avalanche victims, not so much in regular life when you weigh as much as the human!

What a cutie, so glad she is getting treatment for her elbows as she grows, so hopefully it will not be a problem down the road! And she is absolutely adorable - but you knew that! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
    I've Been Frosted

Luna is so adorable! I hope she continues to do well with her elbows.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla