Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sadie needs Prayers

Sadie needs Prayers

Sadie is spending the night at the emergency vet tonight and we are facing some difficult decisions about her health. She is in a very similar situation to what my Mom's Dazzi just went through with a large mass that appears to be on her spleen.

She went in for her routine annual check up a week ago Friday and all was well. By Sunday night, she wasn't interested in eating. She was acting a lot like she has in the past when she was getting a bladder infection, so I collected a urine sample and took her in Monday. Urine was good, blood work was okay, some numbers just a little off, temp just a little high. The vet put her on Rimadyl and an antiobiotic and things seemed to be getting better. she was eating although not up to her usual apptetite. Thursday was a good day. We gave her Cincy's food instead of hers and she ate well. Ralph took her for a walk and she chased a squirrel in our yard. She came down to the basement while we were playing.

This morning, she was having trouble walking. Her back end was weak and it took a lot of coaxing (and some canned food) to get her to eat. We thought we might be facing somthing like Cinder was last year and called my parents to see if we could get some medicine from them. They came up and while they were her, she starting having trouble with her front legs too. At that point we decided to take her in.

Her temp was 104.5 and an abdominal x-ray revealed the mass. We don't know if any of that has any impact on her ability to walk, or if that is totally unrelated. We tried to consulte our vet, but he was in bed with the flu and his wife, being so super sweet, took the time to talk to us, take all the information and tried to wake him. She promised to have him call in the morning.

We have since talked to the ER vet and Sadie is resting comfortbaly tonight. Her temp is back to normal and the vet feels there is no immediate threat. Tomorrow we will talk again to her, to our vet and hopefully form a treatment plan. Of course there are a lot of factors to decide if we should try surgery, espically if she can't walk.

Please pray for our baby girl. She is the bestest baby girl ever and has much as we aren't ready to let her go we need the strength and the guidance to do what is best for her.

Oh my you must be so worried for her! Prayers from RI.

Prayers on the way for dear Sadie, who was the original impetus for your family to join Pet Talk!
    I've Been Frosted

Saying big prayers for Sadie in Chicago xoxoxo!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Lots of prayers being said for your beautiful Sadie.

Huge huge hugs to you all Amy. Thinking if you and keeping fingers crossed
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to Sadie and you!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I spoke to the ER vet this morning and the good news is Sadie got up and went out to go potty on her own. They were shocked, though she is still having trouble with her left side, and still somewhat unsteady, she was much better then last night.

The downside. I talked to out vet and he is viewing the x-rays a little different. He thinks there are at least 2 masses and that is may be more of a soft tissue/intenstinal issue then the spleen. His recommendation was to keep her at the Er on fluids until tomorrow morning then bring her to his office at 8 am for an ultrasound so we can more clearly see what is going on. If it is on the spleen, we operate. If it isn't, then we make a decision to let her live what time she has left (maybe a couple weeks if we are lucky, more likely a few days), or if she is too miserable, to let her go.

Please keep the prayers coming.

I am very sorry to hear that Sadie isn't doing well. Prayers that she will recover from this
    and spent more happy years with you. (((Hugs))) for you & for Sadie.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Prayers for Sadie, and for you and your family, Amy. Hopefully the problem is the lesser of the evils (tho none are "good"), and that Sadie will be with you for some time to come.

Hang in there, Sadie.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Keeping Sadie in my thoughts. I really hope this is treatable and she will be around for many months/years to come.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Amy, I so hope it's something that can be treated and Sadie will recover and be with you for some time yet.

Sending lots of positive thoughts to her and hugs to you and your family.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Prayers & positive thoughts continuing for your dear Sadie and you. {{hugs}}

Big prayers on the way for discernment for Monday, I know you must miss that thumping tail right now! And only those who have seen Sadie running will appreciate that the "lowrider" song is running through my head right now!
    I've Been Frosted

No news yet, we visited Sadie earlier this afternoon, and although she didn't have alot of energy, she was happy to see mom and dad. Lots of kisses, hugs, and pets. Thank you all for the prayers, hugs, and everything. We'll keep praying, fingers and paws crossed, and try to keep updates going as best we're able.