Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Idol 2013

American Idol 2013

Anyone watching? What do you think for far? Any contestants you particularly like yet? How are you liking all the new judges?
    I've Been Frosted

i am so annoyed this year, they changed the channel it is usually on and it is now on at the same time as our other favourite TV programme and hard to explain but i can only tape certain programmes on certain channels, so i miss an hour on fridays, so i am a little behind with who is who, and so have no favourites as such yet, i love the judges.such a huge fan of keith urban, of course he is originally a kiwi, born and bred in whangarei Northland NZ, but left for OZ at six years old.but i love how down to earth he is, and he never really shows off, like so many big stars, and he can sing and he is very easy on the eye,not so keen on mariah, but love niki, she adds something really different to the show, love the bickering between her and mariah,wonder if it is for real or just for show.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

So soprry they messed it up for you, Carole! I DVR everything, just in case, so I can watch it at my convenience.

I do wonder, especially in some of the audition rounds, how much of the "drama" between Mariah and Niki was made up for show purposes.

I was happy the Massachusetts gal made it through this week, and wonder how things will progress.

It's always obvious when a judge starts by complimenting a contestant's outfit or looks too much that it means they disliked the singing, so felt they needed to say something positive!
    I've Been Frosted

Yes I agree with you,I get to see it all to tonight,don't have a DVR ,my system will let me only watch and tape certain programmes together,we need a two channel system,so we found out later when our tv went digital,they are more expensive,so we just have to put up with what we have for now.

I dont even know the names of anyone this year,has really spoilt my viewing and I am loosing interest somewhat,we saw the top 12 girls last night I think.we could be one show behind here,but again I'm not sure on that.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I can't stand Nikki. Well, that's not true. I can stand her, but her voice and how she talks is just annoying!!! Mariah acts so fake it is disgusting. Both girls are constantly messing with their hair and are so concerned with their appearance. Mariah looks like a wax figure. She doesn't move!

Anyway, the contestants.............I can't believe Charlie Askew is still there. I think Jonny Keyser should have made it over him. I'm very bummed Brianna Oakley did not make it further. She is from Antioch and I saw her perform about 4 years ago for an ARF event (the shelter where I volunteer). I said back then that I better see her on American Idol in about 5 years.
    The first batch of girls were NOT good. All of the ones that went home where exactly who I thought should go. I didn't agree with the guys though.
    I don't have any stand out favorites...........oh wait, yes I do. Kree Harrison. She is amazing!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I do agree with nearly all the people who have been sent home so far, and find it hard to believe that, out of the thousands upon thousands that auditioned, they were the best 40!
    I've Been Frosted

Yeah Nikki you either love her or hate her,I think she adds something different to the show ,so from that aspect I like her,she does seem a bit pre-occupied as to whether the guys have girlfriends though lol.

I really just have not found myself liking anyone in particular yet,there was a blonde handsome young man who sang country I liked but he went home quite early ,anyhow I better stay out of this thread,too many spoilers and we are behind in our screenings.
    Furangels only lent.

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    Yeah Nikki you either love her or hate her,I think she adds something different to the show ,so from that aspect I like her,she does seem a bit pre-occupied as to whether the guys have girlfriends though lol.

I really just have not found myself liking anyone in particular yet,there was a blonde handsome young man who sang country I liked but he went home quite early ,anyhow I better stay out of this thread,too many spoilers and we are behind in our screenings.
    Ooops, sorry!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

oh don't be sorry, it is ok, i chose to come here and i always know we are behind, but i just love talking about one of my favourite shows, so it is up to me to stay out of the thread now lol.
    Furangels only lent.

So any thoughts on this week? I was sad that some of the guys chose such odd things to sing that they didn't sound as good, so got kicked off. I did think some of the choices were pretty obvious, but were not sure which way they'd go for Zoanette!
    I've Been Frosted

Did anyone see the girls sing last night? Who impressed you, and who didn't? I wonder whether Zoanette will make it through on personality alone, as she is wonderfully fun and enthusiastic but way off pitch much of the time ... there seemed to be a discernible difference in quality between some of them and the rest .... it will be interesting to see how things play out!

I know Niki trades on her oddity as part of her brand, but some of her "compliments" are a bit much, and bring the focus onto her instead of the performer ... I thought Kree actually handled that quite well, and with a sense of humor, which was nice.
    I've Been Frosted

I agree with you about nikki, she loves attention for sure,you know I have given up watching idol now,just lost interest,and I have watched it every year ,and a huge fan,I just have not connected with any of them,no favourites and missing an hour each week ruined it,zoanette is just too wacky for my taste but she may do well in the comp.

Gosh I love Phillip Phillips new single,I loved the song,and did not realise it was him,and I was never a fan,but there ya go,
    Furangels only lent.

So I thought it was better when they did the "top 20" to "Top 10" all in one show this time, what did you all think? Not as long and drawn out with drama and montages, and just a quick goodbye to the ones who were cut ...

Besides that, are you happy with the finalists as they are now? I don't dislike any of them, or wonder why they are still there, so this should be interesting moving forward!
    I've Been Frosted

I am happy with the top 10. I wasn't super sad that any of the people that didn't make it weren't in the top 10.
    I guess we aren't saying any names yet? So I'll just wait................

Ok, I'm not liking the fact that they show where everyone ranks in the votes. I know they only show the top three, not in a specific order. But then they show #4 through whatever #.
    I don't like that.

I was fine with who went home last night too. Their voice is good, but was kind of annoying at times too.

Who do you think will win the spot on the tour? Charlie or Aubrey.