We got home last Monday from a week in Cayo Coco, Cuba.

Resort travel is not our style, but it is my sister's and she planned this trip! It's not something we will be doing again soon! The resort was lovely though and I did quickly get used to having a cute little Cuban dude bring me drinks on the beach and make my morning cappucino!

Resorts aren't my thing, but I do adore a good beach! No snow, 25C everyday! I like that alot!

My new underwater camera worked very well. We did quite a bit of snorkelling. I was suprised at how healthy the reef was even right in front of our hotel. Cayo Coco is nothing except resorts, but they must be doing something right to preserve the reef. It wasn't Roatan quality snorkelling, but it was much better than on the side of Cuba!

We rented a taxi one day to take us to the main island and a small city there. There is no Cuban town on Cayo Coco. It's just resorts. Moron is where most of the resort workers live and commute from every day. It's a bustling small city and was fun to explore. Old cars are everywhere in Cuba, not just in Havana.

Unfortunately, we spent some time here... an international clinic. Stuart developed pnuemonia early in the trip. Fortunately, Cuba has a good medical system and we never leave home without travel insurance! He received excellent care and was able to still enjoy the trip in between twice daily nursing visits!

I left the day after we go back for Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. I'd have much rather stayed in Cuba!