Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For all the ladies here that turned 60...

"It's not how old you are - it's how you are old."
    3 1/2 more years and I'll be with ya!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

When I reached sixty I was working at a job I loved with people I loved. I had my precious Louie and good health. Sixty didn't bother me at all. Even sixty five was OK although I had had to retire and wasn't looking forward to retirement other than being able to spend more time with Louie.
    In the last three years I lost Louie, then I began having problems at home and last year health problems began to creep into my life. It was almost a shock to realize that this year I will be 70 and not in the greatest of health. My Grandmother died in her sleep at 93 having had no health problems and I always imagined I would go the same way. Maybe I will, but I'm not looking forward to my 70s right now to be honest.

There's nothing to be upset about, Donna - 60 is the new 40! If I felt as upbeat and positive when I hit 30 as I felt when I hit 60 maybe some things would have gone in a different direction. No regrets though. At 63 I'm getting used to being eligible for all those senior discounts. When I hit 64 in June I intend to tell everyone that I liked 32 so much I decided to do it again.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Thanks everyone for your kind remarks and advice.

As always, it passed. I really don't FEEL 60. I actually feel in my mid 40s. Yeah, I know, you'll have what I'm having, right???

I had the exact same reaction when I turned 30. There I was on my birthday, pregnant and snowed in from a storm we had the night before. 2 feet of snow we got and I sat like a baby in my pjs crying into my pillow for 2 days.

As my friend's 90 year old father told me at his surprize party on Saturday, "I'm just one more year closer to death."

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post

As my friend's 90 year old father told me at his surprize party on Saturday, "I'm just one more year closer to death."
    Aren't we all!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Actually I'm closer to 70 than 60 right now and I am wondering how I'll feel when I reach 70 in two years. Seventy just feels so old but I don't feel old. When I think of not wanting to get older, we have to realize the alternative. I don't want to be pushing up daises yetName:  DONT WANNA SEE.gif
Views: 48
Size:  3.3 KB

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

30 was bad, 40 was worse but 50 just didn't matter for me. Now it's not too many years until I reach 60 and I hope it will be like becoming 50. Of course I feel like 18. I wish there was no mirrors - so I could still believe I am

Donna,

I am happy to hear to you don't "feel" 60 - and think that's the key to getting older "in years". You have a young heart and a young attitude - hold that close and take good care of yourself.

When I turned 60 I stopped colouring my hair and started working out . This year I will be 62, have long silver grey hair and am in pretty good shape for an "older" woman. Don't let it beat you - appreciate knowing that you have got this far and have the knowledge and experience of the many seasons of your life. Think about what you want to do tomorrow and the things you have yet to enjoy and learn from. Most importantly take the time to care for yourself - it helps.

Hugs and Happy Birthday!!
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu