Thread: Some good news! and maybe advice?

Some good news! and maybe advice?

So first the good news!

I applied for three internships for the summer (wildlife related) and one job at the local park system recently. Lately work had just been a drag, I am always going home angry for one reason or another...I used to love it but I just don't like some of the things that have been going on and honestly I think it's time I move on. Anyway last week the local park system called me for an interview. That was a shock since I had just mailed the application in. I went to the interview this morning and it went GREAT! The position is pretty much like a Tour Guide/or Program Leader. They loved me and said they'd be in touch. I've been going to this place (it's one of my favorite places in the world, literally) since I was probably 5 or 6 to go bird watching, hiking, biking, kayaking, etc. I know the ins and outs and it's always been a special place to me. I would be working in the Environmental Center...so I didn't get it officially but...I am hoping I do! I didn't expect quite the joyful response I got.

And...

on a completely DIFFERENT note...I recently went through a break up. It's been my personal worst, definitely. It's an extremely long story but he texted me the other night and wanted to talk. He called me tonight and asked me if we could get back together. I STILL have feelings for him, everyone tells me we're so compatible but there are just some things that happened that I really didn't like in our relationship (there was no cheating...none at all but other things) and everyone telling me to give him another shot. I don't really want to. We just seem like better friends to me. I just don't want to regret this and end up alone for the rest of my life. We are hanging out soon, because since it was a mutual break up we agreed to be friends. We make great friends. I am just sort of lost. I feel like he just isn't used to not being with someone and he doesn't like THAT feeling. I am not sure he actually wants what he thinks he wants....if that makes sense. I still have feelings for him like I said, the break up still upsets me, but there's something holding me back and I think that is a good enough reason...Any advice?

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    First of all - congrats on the prospect of the new job. It sounds very promising. Myndi and I have fingers, toes, whiskers and paws crossed for you.

As far as the boyfriend issue - I say to go with your instincts and gut feeling on it. If it doesn't feel right at this time, then just keep it on the "just friends" level. And if he doesn't want to be just friends, then perhaps that's a sign that he would not make a good partner. I speak from experience on that one! If you can't be friends first, then it's unlikely that you can be anything more serious. Sure I understand where your friends are coming from when they say to give him a second chance, but only you know all the facts and your feelings behind them. Don't feel guilty and be pressured into something that your heart isn't into at the present time. Who knows - maybe the friendship will re-blossom into a romance in time.

And as far as you saying you don't want to end up alone for the rest of your life. Good grief girl - you're still a kid (what??? - 19 or 20??). You've only just begun to meet guys and consider a serious relationship. Don't settle for the first one - there are so many guys out there looking for the same things in life that you are, and have the same values. You'll meet Mr Right when you least expect it - and yes!!! - you will meet him.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    First of all - congrats on the prospect of the new job. It sounds very promising. Myndi and I have fingers, toes, whiskers and paws crossed for you.

As far as the boyfriend issue - I say to go with your instincts and gut feeling on it. If it doesn't feel right at this time, then just keep it on the "just friends" level. And if he doesn't want to be just friends, then perhaps that's a sign that he would not make a good partner. I speak from experience on that one! If you can't be friends first, then it's unlikely that you can be anything more serious. Sure I understand where your friends are coming from when they say to give him a second chance, but only you know all the facts and your feelings behind them. Don't feel guilty and be pressured into something that your heart isn't into at the present time. Who knows - maybe the friendship will re-blossom into a romance in time.

And as far as you saying you don't want to end up alone for the rest of your life. Good grief girl - you're still a kid (what??? - 19 or 20??). You've only just begun to meet guys and consider a serious relationship. Don't settle for the first one - there are so many guys out there looking for the same things in life that you are, and have the same values. You'll meet Mr Right when you least expect it - and yes!!! - you will meet him.
    Everything Pom said times 1000 you are so young you don't need to worry about being alone!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Also my daughter is 20 and never really had a boyfriend she is too focused on school and a boy is the furthest thing from her mind and I have no doubt she will meet the perfect guy someday, she will be older and wiser and know what she wants. My other daughter has been with the same guy since 8th grade and I don't like him at all, although I treat him fine since she chooses him.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Congrats on the possible job!!
    I also agree 100% with what Ellie posted. She said EXACTLY what I was going to say. Also, my niece just turned 22 last week and she has only kinda had one boyfriend, for about a month. She is in no rush to "find someone" and is just being happy in her life with herself. She recently moved out on her own and she is at a great place in life. But her life goals are to get married and have a family.............eventually. I just hope she doesn't take after her aunt. I'm almost 40 and never been married, no children. BUT I have been with the most wonderful man for almost 10 years and couldn't imagine my life without him. I am happy and that's all that matters.
    Find happiness within yourself first (and I'm not saying you aren't already). A relationship does not have to be your only happiness.
    I think you are a very smart girl, Alyssa. And I know you are beautiful. So just relax and enjoy life.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)