Thread: Food help

Food help

So I'm working at a pet store...and once I've been there long enough I'll get discounts on the food. So right now I'm feeding this:
    http://www.bluebuffalo.com/dog-food/lp-fish Blue buffalo fish and sweet potato. I'm not sure if they have allergies so I thought this might work better for them.

Anyway I found out I get an even better discount on
    http://www.nutrience.ca/dog/product/...weet-potatoes/ Nutrience holistic formula.

Them seem similar. I'm still learning about foods and stuff since I just started. I checked them out in the dog food analysis site but it only showed it for their regular food not the holistic stuff.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me understand the 2 foods a little more. I wanna say Blue looks like the better food. But is there that much of a difference? I'd pay like $20 for the Nutrience and probably 40 or 50 for Blue. Which would you feed your dog? I'm going to pay for the more expensive stuff if it's really a big difference but if it's almost nothing I'm thinking of switching.

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

It is hard to tell any difference, but I'd go with the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" theory! If they are fine, happy and healthy with the Blue Buffalo, I'd stick with it.
    I've Been Frosted

Both have about a dozen controversial or unnecessary ingredients. The big thing is ethoxyquin in the fish meal. Those scientifically named ingredients at the end of blue buffalo are all controversial. Yucca, in both foods, is said to cause harm to red blood cells and humans shouldn't take it for more than 3 months so why feed it to your dog for life? Alfalfa in Blue is best for ruminant animals and can cause issues like allergies. It also mimics estrogen in the body and can cause cancer because of that, same with anything soy.

That being said, dogs can live their avarage lifespan being fed crap from the dollar tree. At least these foods are middle ground and a good progression toward health as opposed to grocery store fodder. I personally like Castor and Pollux poultry-free but you'll be paying much more than either of your listed options. I currently feed 4Health Salmon and Potato because I can't always afford Castor and Pollux unless I save up for a bag every once in a while.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

If the dogs are fine on their current food I would not switch it just to save a few $s.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*