Thread: A Happy Tail! Update and new pic Post #11

A Happy Tail! Update and new pic Post #11

Oooh I am just BUSTING so thrilled about this! It all started on FB!

Friend of mine posted pics of her 2 Aussies, and the Airedale she was caring for over the weekend.

ANOTHER friend of mine posted, liked the pic, said it reminded her of Abby the Lakeland Terrier just up the street from her, who loves belly rubs. HuMom has moved to nursing home, Abby needs a home.

Person unknown to me, friend of the first person (who posted the pic) posts she loves the pic THEN goes on to say she has a terrier and would be interested in adding Abby.

Everyone starts a flurry of posts and messages, phone calls and meetings, and I JUST got the word that Abby went to her new furever home last evening! Here is a photo, Abby is the one sitting in her new mom's lap.

Last edited by Freedom; 02-21-2013 at 05:00 PM.

That is great! See Facebook is good for lots of things! Not only bad things happen there.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Yay! Love a happy story! And a happy pup getting a belly rub, too!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Yay - a happy ending and a new beginning - all rolled into one!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Yay! What a cute picture of both of the dogs!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Oh My Goodness! How wonderful that Abby has a new furever home! I'm sorry her huMom is in nursing home. Both dogs are very cute. If you dont look at the head of the one getting belly rub, you'll think (or at least I did) that it is a bear LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by kaycountrygal View Post
    Oh My Goodness! How wonderful that Abby has a new furever home! I'm sorry her huMom is in nursing home. Both dogs are very cute. If you dont look at the head of the one getting belly rub, you'll think (or at least I did) that it is a bear LOL.
    I think the one on the right looks like a teddy bear too! What a great story!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Nice that she found a home so fast! What a cutie. Love that soft terrier coat when they aren't hand-stripped.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I've been told that I have identified the WRONG dog as Abby, ha haaa. Abby is the one in her new mom's lap!

I do hope they put her on a diet though and get her some exercise. She looks at least 200% of what she should weigh. That's morbid obesity.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Here is an update, from the person who knew about Abby needing a home:

Sadly, Abby's previous humom has passed away. I'm so glad that someone stepped up to take this girl into their heart. She did not appear to be an easy placement as she was not well house broken nor leash trained. She was very matted and overweight. But Abby is a sweetheart with people and other dogs. Still, had she just been given to a person not into training (as her family was considering), I think she may have been a dog who was passed around from home to home or shelter. So, finding the right someone to take her so quickly (less than a week) was a Godsend! Here is a new picture of Abby after being groomed.

Happy new life, sweet Abby! Mattie and Sassy will miss you so much but are so happy for you!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Here is an update, from the person who knew about Abby needing a home:

Sadly, Abby's previous humom has passed away. I'm so glad that someone stepped up to take this girl into their heart. She did not appear to be an easy placement as she was not well house broken nor leash trained. She was very matted and overweight. But Abby is a sweetheart with people and other dogs. Still, had she just been given to a person not into training (as her family was considering), I think she may have been a dog who was passed around from home to home or shelter. So, finding the right someone to take her so quickly (less than a week) was a Godsend! Here is a new picture of Abby after being groomed.

Happy new life, sweet Abby! Mattie and Sassy will miss you so much but are so happy for you!

I wondered about which one was the rescue in the first picture. Glad you updated. Also thrilled to hear about her going to a
    great home where they know she needs a little help in some areas. That's a very good thing in itself. Great job everyone.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    What a happy beginning for Abby.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom